2002 YZ250f Not starting

So, my 2002 yz250f with the auto decompression cam and it will not start. I cleaned the carb out twice and made sure everything worked. I checked to make sure there was spark and there was. I checked the valves and they seemed in speck. I tried starting the bike with starting fluid and the bike started up for a quick second and died. I haven't checked the compression on the bike but its the next step. I am thinking it might be something in the motor but i will find out with the compression test. ­čśĆ So if you had this problem, know how to fix it, or know of any threads that might help me out i am in some need right now ­čśĆ. I will keep posting on this thread if something new comes up. THANK YOU!

Well I finally tore apart my carb and found out that the float valve was suck so i fixed it. I tried starting it again and only a pop came out. So i checked the compression and spark which were perfect. I tried starting the bike again but this time used starting fluid and it started and died but would run if i kept spraying the fluid in. So, today i am going to pull the carb out again and look over it then put in fresh gas in the tank to see what will happen. This is my last trick that i have in my hat. But, while i am here i would like to thank every one who posted on this thread.

Well today I can finally sleep. As of Tuesday July 26, 2010 I put in fresh fuel and kicked the bike over and finally herd the motor roar back to life. The problem was that water or some sort of funky stuff got into the gas and causing some sort of corrosion in the carb making the float needle stick. one of the problems that could have caused this was my five gallon gas tank was really old and/or my broken gas cap could have let in water. So, I bought a new five gallon tank and will be ordering a new gas cap for my bike. Once again I would like to thank all those TT members who contributed to this thread and saved my bacon.