Keyless Ignition info?

I want to get rid of the ignition cylinder on my SM, and just use a switch. What's the current in the running curcuit and light circuit?

I'm sure the info is in the archives, but I'm having trouble finding it.

Jason

Varies from bike to bike but no matter, very simple. Red on one side of your switch, all the other wires on the other side.

BTW, depending on your particular DRZ, these secondary wires will be:

Orange - Main bike power

Brown - Tail light power

Possible grey - Instrument lights power (if you do not have this one, you instruments on on any time the bike is 'on'.)

William - Actually the gray is a feed from orange back thru the switch for the tail light. For tail only the switch connects red direct to brown.

For a simple 2 position ON/OFF switch, permanent jumper brown to gray, and switch red to orange.

Current thru the switch is somewhere around 12-15 amps max: Ignition, headlight, tail light, brake light, horn, starter relay and signals all at the same time.

I've been running two of those 20amp toggle switches, one fairly hidden, one out of sight but easy to reach. Working fine so far.

I'm planning to do basically the same thing. I was hoping to get switches the resemble the stockers to make it a bit more camouflaged.

Jason

I run a 20amp 12vdc switch on my track bike, no issues. Get one from Radio Shack with an led in the switch if you can (blaring at you with a bright light its hard to forget to switch it off....just sayin)