Right Price?

can you guys tell me if this would be the right price for a 2001 cr 125.

here is the craigslist add:

http://rochester.craigslist.org/mcy/1808066901.html

i got him down to 1400 cash and my ipod touch that i dont even use.

where i live the bike blue books for 1360 and thats stock

the bike has no many parts just to name a few.

-pro circuit full exhaust system

-excel rims

-fresh top end

-fresh shocks

-vforce 3 reeds

-brand new tires still have those little extra things on outside of tire

-many more

i have already looked at the bike it is nice only one problem there is a small dent in the pipe in the pic it looks big but its not.

how much will this effect performance?

from what i can see the bike is very nice no problems.

0417001858.jpg

looks good but looks are very decieving on dirt bikes. if he doesnt have paperwork for the top/bottom end rebuild and suspension service then walk away. if he does then go take a test ride. run it through all the gears and go through the rpm range, if it does anything unusual while shifting or feels like the trans has play then walk away. problems like high idle on decel and bogging can be solved by some jetting work. suspension should be smooth throughout the stroke. chain slack is important too, too tight and you can toast the coantershaft bearing, so check that for play. also check wheel bearing play

other than that id be comfortable paying 1000-1300

looks good but looks are very decieving on dirt bikes. if he doesnt have paperwork for the top/bottom end rebuild and suspension service then walk away. if he does then go take a test ride. run it through all the gears and go through the rpm range, if it does anything unusual while shifting or feels like the trans has play then walk away. problems like high idle on decel and bogging can be solved by some jetting work. suspension should be smooth throughout the stroke. chain slack is important too, too tight and you can toast the coantershaft bearing, so check that for play. also check wheel bearing play

other than that id be comfortable paying 1000-1300

How many people keep their receipts for top-end jobs they do themselves on 2T? That may be asking a bit much. Bottom end, maybe if they paid someone to do the work for them.