2010 sx65 broken

Hi all. Just bought a new sx65 and after putting 3hrs on it broken down.Apart from breaking down after 3hrs it went through 3 plugs in that 3hrs. I could smell coolant in the exhaust fumes and after letting it sit to cool down had to put about 600ml ( a pint) of water in the radiator. Bike refused to start after that. Rang the the bike shop totally pissed off( Boy was at a boot camp when it broke down) had to ride a strangers ttr 110 for the day. Ever seen a ttr launch off a 50 foot tabletop . Pretty god damn ugly. Any way any one else ever had the same trouble. Oh yea had to top the radiator up again next morning with out the bike beening started. Do you think the crankcrase would be full of water??

Yea 3mth warranty. Sitting in the shop now. Just annoyed that I bought a new bike and breaking down when his old 04 65 is still going strong. I have been told that 09-10 bikes blow plugs often and to carry a box of spare plugs.

I would have liked to put my son on a KTM 65, he wanted one. But the jap 65's are so dang reliable and good little bikes, priced right, I just couldn't pass.

Hate to hear you are having problems.

I also think much of the bad opinions people have of KTM stem from these early years, or owning the small bikes.

Yea 3mth warranty. Sitting in the shop now. Just annoyed that I bought a new bike and breaking down when his old 04 65 is still going strong. I have been told that 09-10 bikes blow plugs often and to carry a box of spare plugs.

Jetting it too fat on those to begin with. Contact LCP out of Florida for a jet kit that makes it perfect. He resides at KTM talk in the 65/85/105 section, his user name is "LCP" or LCP4U or something like that.­čśĆ

Well just got a report back from the bike shop. A head gasket O ring wasnt put in the groove of the head properly. New barrel ,piston ,:banana:rings and radiator hoses. Told them to check the crank bearings before they give it back. Fancy them not considering the damage a stuffed crank bearing could do. They werent going to do it. Hate to see them fixing it and find out they should have done the crank . Warranty.

Well just got a report back from the bike shop. A head gasket O ring wasnt put in the groove of the head properly. New barrel ,piston ,:banana:rings and radiator hoses. Told them to check the crank bearings before they give it back. Fancy them not considering the damage a stuffed crank bearing could do. They werent going to do it. Hate to see them fixing it and find out they should have done the crank . Warranty.

Great news!