Dr. D Exhaust Fitment Help

I just installed a Dr. D full exhaust on my 09 250F and have a question about the headpipe fitment against the exhaust port. Please take a look at the pic and let me know if this looks right. The plate on the headpipe has a gap between it and the cylinder. I have tightened the nuts as far as they will go. Is this a normal gap or do I have something on wrong? It is not loose or anything.

0714002107.jpg

Is there a specific side of that plate that should be facing the motor? one side appears to have grooves in it and the other is smooth. Also it didn't seem like the headpipe slid into the exhaust port like the stock on did. This is part of the reason why there is a gap.

mine did not come with a spark arrestor. and i took the spark arrestor out of my fmf on my new bike prior to ride as well....for that matter i put the exhaust on new bike before i even rode it stock

sorry bud cant help ya. but glad to hear you dont have any issues

It depends what kind of pipe you have, with my Yosh it changes the exhaust diameter when installed and there is a noticeable difference in power output. Others that have a flat screen that are mashed between the muffler and end cap make less difference and the average guy cannot tell the difference. I'm in the process of modifying mine to a flat screen for that purpose and I spend a decent amount of time in spark arrested areas.

Leave the damn spark arrestor in the bike. The DR.D sparky is non restrictive. There is a reason its in there and fires are bad no one likes our sport getting blamed for them. You are not going to notice a .2% power change with the screen removed. Now a quiet core will defiantly choke the bike down but the sparky will not.