Pivot Pegz... safe?

Thinking about trying a set of pivot pegz. In theory they sound like a great idea, but I'm worried about them moving while landing on jumps and causing the rider to lose control or sprain an ankle. I'm mostly worried about flatlanding a big jump and your ankles break because of the pegs moving.

Anyone use these have any problems other than adjusting to a moving peg?

Thanks ?

Get Fastway footpegs. I have them on my bike and they're huge and awesome. There's really no point to pivot pegs, because you can lean backwards/forwards/twist your feat, etc, without pivot pegz, so why get them?

I've HEARD that they may seem unstable at first, but they actually provide a lot better feeling over bumps/whoops. And that it makes cornering a little better because you can lean foward and 'push' the bike with your outside leg better than a solid peg. So I've heard...

Junk. Terribly unsafe for moto, and way too heavy for anything else. Mine broke on the second ride. What good is a warranty if they are always in the mail? I was dissapointed something that heavy would break before the rest of the pot metal parts on my bike. If you want to keep you toes forget it.

Second best thing I have ever done to any of my bikes was pivot pegs, after a 10 minute "getting to know you" breakin for me, I feel a better "oneness' with my ride.

BTW I do some fairly good dropoffs and don't mind a bit of airtime and mine are way stronger than the yamaha Stockers and offer far better grip, moving your weight around on the bike is so much more fluid now.

BTW '03 YZ250WR (road legal 2T)

I think their a cool concept because instead of moving your ankles back and forth and always having to move them, the pivot pegs seem more forgiving and will move with your body. Allowing you to have an easier ride.

Id like to try a set but im not sold on them yet.

• 2 weeks later...

well I installed them and took my bike out the track Wednesday night.

I first did the GP loop are track has. It took a few minutes to get used to. Shifting from 1st to 2nd was the biggest change. because my foot was farther under the lever i had to move it up farther to shift, so i hit nuetral a few times until i got used to it. also while standing, it was much easier to transfer my weight around so that was an adjustment.

Once I got used to them I hit up the track and it was awesome. You don't really notice the pivoting motion while riding but you do notice how much more control you have over the bike. Hitting rollers and choppy straights I felt so much more planted and the bike moved below me while I stayed over the center.

the Pivot pegs also helped on sweepers, especially when the track got rough. I was able to stay in control when it got rough and never once swapped out over the rough stuff.

The only complaint I found was there was a left right zig zag and there was a single into the corner. when I would hit the single and then gas out I was layed over (it was a loamy corner) and my foot/peg would be angled forward and a few times landing off the single I touched the ground with my foot. Nothing bad happened, just worried that it would get ripped off or injured. but it never happened. Just couldn't jump into the corner as far.

But I really like my pivot pegs. I would recommend them to anyone. :banana: