Throttle play & abnormal revs ?!

Hi,

I have a question that i don't think is bike specific. I have a CRF150F 06' Australian make i have pulled apart and cleaned the carburetor as it was not starting properly. All is fine and the bike starts but it has lots of play in the throttle now starts on full throttle and revs the shit out of its self.

I have taken the carby apart again with the throttle cable still attached and the large amount of play in the throttle is due to the cable extending further then the slide if this makes sense? there is a small amount of spring back in the cable and i have made sure the slide is in its position correctly

Im not sure how to fix this play to make the bike rev normally

any help would be appreciated.

Gabbee

there should be an adjustment coming right out of the throttle tube. don't be afraid to lube the cable also, it might just be binding up inside the cable housing. a check you could perform without the motor running is to open the throttle up all the way, you should hear it hit the stop inside the carb. then shut the throttle all the way, you should hear it hit the idle adjusting screw.

don't want to high jack your post but I am having the same type of problem after purchasing a new carb kit. The carb works fine when it is off, I can tell the slide is hitting on the top and bottom.. yet when i start the bike, if you hit the cable or pull on it the bike revs like crazy. just touching the cable makes the bike rev, afraid to let my son ride it in fear he will brush up against something on a trail and send the bike into a speed race over a cliff. any help would be greatly appriciated. thanks!

larry