Good deal, need your opinion???

Found a good deal on a 2003 RM250 and the owner says it has a stuck ring. He's asking 1050$ for it. You guys think its worth it? Also found a 2006 RM250 "RC" edition for $2800.

Coming off a 2009 KX250F, do you think the suspension on the RMs would be lacking? Any info would be great!

Yeah, I think the 03 with the stuck ring is a good deal. As long as that is all that is wrong. Make sure you don't have a seized crank and he is just saying it is a ring because he either is trying to get over on you or he don't know. I would pop the top and if that is all it is...buy it. If they ring did any damage it would be a 200 replate 150 for topend kit. Give him 1k,,, plus, worst case... 350 on the top end. You will have an 03 for 1350 with a new top. Around here they go for about 1500 to 1800 for an 03 in good shape.

Or do what Mihylo said.

The 03 suspension WILL NOT be better than your 09 KX250F was. However, in 04 Suzuki changed over from outdated KYB stuff to Showa. So, in an 04+ RM, the suspension will be basically the same, because both the Kawi and Zook have Showa suspension. You will find the RM undersprung stock if you are a bigger rider, but other than that you will love it. I have the stock stuff on my RM and am about 165-170 and I feel like it is sprung just fine for my weight, and with a few clicker changes I got really comfortable with the suspension. Good luck.

skip the one with engine problems. more likely than not, there are other things worn or inoperable inside the engine that you dont know about. stuck ring coulad also mean cylinder damage, which means $$ for boring/replating. stick with the one that works and give it a good inpection and a quick ride to make sure everything is in order

skip the one with engine problems. more likely than not, there are other things worn or inoperable inside the engine that you dont know about. stuck ring coulad also mean cylinder damage, which means $$ for boring/replating. stick with the one that works and give it a good inpection and a quick ride to make sure everything is in order

What he said......dead on. What I would do is if you have the money get the RC Replica as your main bike, inspect the 03 and see whats really wrong with it and low ball the crap out of him quoting retail on service and parts and get the 03 too if you can get it real cheap have it for a backup bike or if you ride both moto and trails use the 03 for general purpose riding away from the track ...I did just that Got an 06 for track riding and got a low hour but looked horrible 01 for 300 bucks! Still had the original tires on it just needed a cleaning and service

Now I couldn't be happier IMO the KYB stuff from the 01-03 rm250's is epic for all around riding a little soft for hard moto yet the 06 aside from having light springs and valving is awesome for moto but not so much on the trails.....it feels gooooood to have 2 bikes for 2 different disciplines no need to mess with either settings and I can moto one day and hit the hills the next day on a similar bike. Having 2 bikes is way better than having an extra wheel for offroad if you can afford it, and it makes me feel like the man when I open the garage. ­čśĆ