lexx mxe slip on exhaust

I have a lexx on my 07 yz250f, its great, has good performance easy to install just play with the fuel screw and your jetting will be fine...unless u put on a air filter like i did then you will have bump up the main jet a bit... Rockymountainatv.com has alot of info... when i bought mine it came with a quiet core and the tip... but you can buy a repacking kit and etc.. for it as well.

I have it on my WR 250f, 2006. Good performance gain and nice look. I rejetted carb using JD kit and it runs like champ. Big difference vs. stock muffler. I still use quiet insert and it has decent sound to drive in the woods. Sorry for my bad english but I'm not a natural speaker.

Edited by volodaj

I bought one for my father and installed it on his bike - he loves it so far. Good power gain from stock. Had to go up one on the main but it was close to needing it before the pipe - you might be OK. You definately want to use the quiet insert - it is obnoxious without it.

Its definatley worth the purchase when you compare it to a $400 or $500 system. I have it and I love it.

I have one on a YZF. Good system but does take away snap which is expected when basically going from an open can stock to a spark arrested unit. Its very quiet. The trail saver insert is dead silent but absolutely sucks power. I just use the standard 96dB insert. 😏

I put one on a 400EX that I just got rid of for an 03 YZ250F and I thought it was great. I have tride a few others and they were no better perfomers than the Lexx. I will probably be getting one for my new used YZ.

• 8 years later...

I have a 2006 yz250f with a lexx mxe exhaust and I love it. It emproved throttle response without having to jet my carb (they actually don't recommend rejeting your carb) and it made my bike sound like a 450, it's actually quieter than the stock exhaust when you have the spark arrestor that comes with it in, but it's louder with the race tip. My dad has an FMF titanium 4.1 and it's nicer for sure but the all of these other exhausts just aren't worth it for the increased price.