Will CRF450X motor fit a '05 CRF250R Chassis?

Hey Girls and guys, This is my 1st time posting on this forum so be easy on me. I have a line on an '05 CRF250R rolling chassis. I am contemplating on installing an CRF45OX engine on it, yes the one with an elcetric start motor in it. Does anybody know if the CRF450X motor or engine fit the CRF250R chassis without any modification to the frame. I know most, if not all, CRF's share the same suspension, brakes, electrics, etc... Thanks!

Hey Girls and guys, This is my 1st time posting on this forum so be easy on me. I have a line on an '05 CRF250R rolling chassis. I am contemplating on installing an CRF45OX engine on it, yes the one with an elcetric start motor in it. Does anybody know if the CRF450X motor or engine fit the CRF250R chassis without any modification to the frame. I know most, if not all, CRF's share the same suspension, brakes, electrics, etc... Thanks!

This is a common misconception.

The CR, and CRF lines do NOT share the same parts.

They just look like they do.

NONE of the electrics are sharable. Especially the X and R, which are not even the same current (DC vs AC).

No it will not fit without modding the frame.

Can you be more specific kanyoncritter... Are you saying this based from exprerience... I have the 450X wiring harness so it shouldnt be an issue adapting it to the CRF250R frame. My main concern is if the 450X motor fit the CRF250R chassis? Thanks!

No it will not fit without modding the frame.

I agree, of course it wont fit, its a different engine.

Can you be more specific kanyoncritter... Are you saying this based from exprerience... I have the 450X wiring harness so it shouldnt be an issue adapting it to the CRF250R frame. My main concern is if the 450X motor fit the CRF250R chassis? Thanks!

& no I know this not from experience with these exact bikes, but from experience with other bikes & engines & comon sence.

You asking if the 450x engine will bolt straight into & fit perfectly with out modifying the 250R fame in any way..... Of course it wont! They are completly different bikes!

You would be suprised how completly different the CRF450X & the CRF450R are to each other, let alone how different the 250R would be.

Yes what you are trying to do could be done. But only by an experienced fabricator/welder/engineer/Machinist ect....

Good luck. ๐Ÿ˜

Why don't you get out a tape measure and figure it out? You'll see in about 30 seconds that it will require cutting the frame IN HALF to make it fit.๐Ÿ˜:smirk:

there are a bunch of guys with blown up 450X's that would be happy to buy your complete motor.

there are also a bunch of bare 450X frames and rolling chassis available if you wanted to go that route.