buying frame out of state - vin help for CA

okay so I'm trying to buy a frame for an '01 WR250F from NC and swap my '03 motor into it. I got the VIN and it has a 3 in the 8th digit. Does this matter because it's an '01 and '01's are green sticker anyway in CA? The dmv said they go by frame year and VIN and the engine has nothing to do with it so I should be golden? What's all this about a C or a 3 in the 8th digit it looks like all WR's have that in the VIN...

okay so I'm trying to buy a frame for an '01 WR250F from NC and swap my '03 motor into it. I got the VIN and it has a 3 in the 8th digit. Does this matter because it's an '01 and '01's are green sticker anyway in CA? The dmv said they go by frame year and VIN and the engine has nothing to do with it so I should be golden? What's all this about a C or a 3 in the 8th digit it looks like all WR's have that in the VIN...

If you get a pink slip & bill of sale, you should be able to walk into DMV, pay the fees & walk out with a green sticker.

Let me know how the swap goes as I was thinking of this option, but it appeared that I would have to buy a whole bunch of 01/02 parts to make it work. ­čśĆ

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=906070