newbie rider need to find easy trails

I'm a level c rider and my wife is fairly new to dirt bikes. I need to find some easy trail systems in michigan to ride, that are not to sandy. Do u guys have any suggestions thanks.

Edited by superfly yzf
messed up title

I personally find Little O in Baldwin to be one of the most enjoyable trails if you're not looking for something technical. Getting in and out of the trail is a little whooped and sandy but once you're in it's pretty hard to beat, in my opinion.

The snowmobile trails here are pretty friendly to newbies and with an orv are legal in most northern counties. GLDS has a group ride in Honor end of the month, no single track but lots of fun 2 tracks with a few sandy sections.

I live in Lake Ann and ride the snowmobile trails in benzie county on a regular basis. here is a map http://www.benziemanisteesnowbirds.com/maps.html

almost all the seasonal roads in the area are open for riding and are a great place to get started riding in the dirt. Some of the trails are snowmobile only and closed in the summer but most are just 2tracks and you are not locked into the trail system.

More than half of the snowmobile trail system in Benzie county is on forest roads, you need to be street legal to ride them, not just an ORV sticker. Plus the RR Grade is closed to wheeled motorized traffic.

Most trails in MI are sandy, excluding the routes off on the west end of the UP.

The popular ones, those closest to civilization, are beat up more and more apt to be of the "loose" sand variety.

If it's not too dry, White Cloud can be OK on the west side; south half of Geels South (but it's pretty tight for beginners) on the east side. Of course, if it just rained, most any trail is going to be OK.

Comprehensive coverage of which counties are open, including which roads:

http://www.vvmapping.com/micounty

Detailed Trail Guide, with photos and video on the entire system:

http://www.vvmapping.com/miorv

I have taken several beg. to White Cloud in the past, friends, girlfriend (wife now) and my 60 yr old Dad. Been going there for years. Like mentioned it is better after a rain. I went to Tip Cup most recently, dry and whooped bad in the single dry but it looked like the ovr route would be good AFTER a good rain. Leota has a bit of a scramble area to practice on sand riding and it is close, busy on weekends, I have not been there this year.

Man I've been riding too long, I can remeber teaching my wife to ride at, dare I say it, The Mounds in Flint! Of course this is back when it was full size w/the stream crossing and everything:ride: