Neck Brace

I just purchased a Alpinestars Bionic SB and I'm not really liking the fitment. The back support doesn's sit against my back if the front is sitting properly against my chest. I'm thinking of buying a Leatt instead. What do you guys think, will the Leatt be better for me?

If you think so, what are the differences between the two Leatt braces. I know that one of them is cheaper and isn't as adjustable as the more expensive one. What advantages and different adjustments does the more expensive one have over the cheaper one?

Also, will the cheaper Leatt be more adjustable than the Alpinestars Bionic SB?

Thanks.

on the leatt you got the adventure, club and like gpx or something. the club and gpx are the higher end ones. the only difference between them is one is mostly carbon fibre and the other one isn't. as far as adjustability i'm pretty sure they're the same. the adventure isn't adjustable at all i don't think.

on the leatt you got the adventure, club and like gpx or something. the club and gpx are the higher end ones. the only difference between them is one is mostly carbon fibre and the other one isn't. as far as adjustability i'm pretty sure they're the same. the adventure isn't adjustable at all i don't think.

So go for the adjustable ones? I don't care about the carbon fiber so is the only difference between the Club and GPX the carbon fiber? Same adjust ability options?

Also, what kind of adjust ability do they offer?

I got the adventure for my 14 yo son. It had the same problem where the front and back wouldn't both touch him since he's pretty skinny. It comes with an optional shim, but I had to make a 1" thick block of wood to shim it further. With the the wood block, it works well.

- Brad

Thanks, man. Any specific reasons why you didn't like the Alpinestars?

Also, do any of the Leatt braces have adjustments where I can make the front and back supports sit flush to my body on both sides, rather than the back popping up toward the bottom like my Alpinestars?

Yes the GPX will have numerous adjustments to make it fit right on your body. The rule of thumb on fitment with the leatt is to have it snug up on your back and chest when you take a deep breath.

Sounds like either you bought the wrong size, or the A-Stars just doesn't fit your body type. These things are not a 'one fits all' deal, none of them are, not even the Leatt. I'm 5'11" 195 lbs with a bit of a gut, the medium A-Stars fits me like a glove and I feel safer with it than with a Leatt or an Omega. I thought I would need a large, but when I tried it there was the looseness you described.

Don't just buy what some guy on a forum tells you is 'the best', most recommendations for a specific brand are based on opinion, not facts. Likewise, I'm not trying to sell you on staying with the A-Stars because that's what I have, by all means I think you should look at the others. Do yourself a favor, do some research and then try them all on for yourself and see which one actually fits you.

(BTW) A-Stars sizing chart said my size was either a med. or lrg., didn't have a choice, I had to go try them on to find out which.

Thanks, guys. This is making me feel a little bit more comfortable with moving to the Leatt.

And as far as sizing, I'm a skinny kid so I go the extra small because I read that the sizing may run a little big anyway. And if that's too big for me, then the Alpinestars isn't the right brace for me anyway. But everything felt right about it, it just didn't feel like it fit my body shape. I felt like I needed little adjustments that the Alpinestars brace just doesn't offer.

Keep 'em coming, guys.

I need help with the differences between all the Leatt's now.

Here are the different types:

LEATT ADVENTURE

LEATT CLUB PLUS

LEATT GPX CLUB II

LEATT MOTO GPX SPORT

LEATT MOTO GPX CLUB

Also, do they have any adjustments so that I can make the front and back sit flush with my body, which my Alpinestars didn't? If so, which ones do/which ones don't?

Thanks, guys. This is making me feel a little bit more comfortable with moving to the Leatt.

And as far as sizing, I'm a skinny kid so I go the extra small because I read that the sizing may run a little big anyway. And if that's too big for me, then the Alpinestars isn't the right brace for me anyway. But everything felt right about it, it just didn't feel like it fit my body shape. I felt like I needed little adjustments that the Alpinestars brace just doesn't offer.

Keep 'em coming, guys.

Extra small was too big??? :cheers:

😏.........Maybe you don't need a different brace, but more cheese burgers. LOL!! :ride:

The A-Stars will have a much more limited market because of the zero adjustment, maybe they'll address that in future models. The Leatt and Omega offer adjustments, but I don't know how small you can go before having to go to a kid's size. 😏

I've read the Leatt Adventure doesn't have the amount of adjustment the other models have. I believe the difference between the other models is materials(and the cost of said materials🤣), but same adjustments.

I think the Omega would work better for a thin body type. When I tried one, my fat gut wouldn't let the straps stay low and tight and the brace moved back on my shoulders. I tried changing all the adjustments, but just couldn't make it work. The guy I borrowed it from to try is much skinnier than me and it doesn't move an inch on him.

Sounds like you'll go with a Leatt. If you go to the tracks, hit up some people there to see how one would fit or go to a local retailer that stocks them and try one on.

Extra small was too big??? :cheers:

😏.........Maybe you don't need a different brace, but more cheese burgers. LOL!! :ride:

The A-Stars will have a much more limited market because of the zero adjustment, maybe they'll address that in future models. The Leatt and Omega offer adjustments, but I don't know how small you can go before having to go to a kid's size. 😏

I've read the Leatt Adventure doesn't have the amount of adjustment the other models have. I believe the difference between the other models is materials(and the cost of said materials🤣), but same adjustments.

I think the Omega would work better for a thin body type. When I tried one, my fat gut wouldn't let the straps stay low and tight and the brace moved back on my shoulders. I tried changing all the adjustments, but just couldn't make it work. The guy I borrowed it from to try is much skinnier than me and it doesn't move an inch on him.

Sounds like you'll go with a Leatt. If you go to the tracks, hit up some people there to see how one would fit or go to a local retailer that stocks them and try one on.

Thanks for the help.

I think I've heard bad things about the Omega so I'm going to skip that.

And the extra small isn't too big, I think it's the right size. I might even be a small, who knows. It just doesn't fit my body type without adjusting it.

I would say go to the local moto shop and try them all on. The only adjustment the Moto GPX braces have the Adventure doesn't have are the height of the front and rear tables. You can still adjust the length of the brace (front to back) and the angle and position of the rear member. I am 5'7 and 130 lbs and I have the adult/medium adventure leatt adjusted as small as it goes and it fits perfect.

Edited by bertocr125

I would say go to the local moto shop and try them all on. The only adjustment the Moto GPX braces the Adventure doesn't have are the height of the front and rear tables. You can still adjust the length of the brace (front to back) and the angle and position of the rear member. I am 5'7 and 130 lbs and I have the adult/medium adventure leatt adjusted as small as it goes and it fits perfect.

Awesome, thanks for the help.

So the Adventure should solve my problem that I had with the Alpinestars (the back wouldn't sit flush)?

Awesome, thanks for the help.

So the Adventure should solve my problem that I had with the Alpinestars (the back wouldn't sit flush)?

I'm assuming you mean the rear member wouldn't rest on your back? If this what you are asking then yes it will solve your problem, as you can use different length pins and adjust the position of the rear member (front to back and the angle)!