JS7 at Pala w/o Red plates

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No video?

Jeez gotta do everything.๐Ÿ˜

San Manuel Yamahaโ€™s James Stewart is back in action after a lengthy recovery from the broken wrist he suffered earlier in the year. We caught up with Stewart at Pala Raceway today, where he was testing in preparation for his return to racing at the Unadilla National in a couple weeks. Though Bubba was only turning in a couple of laps at a time in between suspension and engine changes, it was apparent that the time off didnโ€™t hurt his speed at all.

http://motocross.transworld.net/1000098733/videos/riding-with-james-stewart-5/

Trying to watch the vid now but holy shit is it stuttering. Replayed a few parts....that kid is fast. Good luck to Dungey et al.

Edited by exmlb

Anyone else not really a fan of Answer's gear? I mean I've seen some that isn't bad but in general I think a lot of it is pretty terrible looking. But hey, I'm sure they're paying him a pretty penny to ride with their logo across his chest so what does he care... ๐Ÿ˜

The beauty of what we are seeing at the top of the 450 class isthe different styles all of the racers have to go fast. Dungey is smooth with great reaction time. Villaposto just guns it and blow up the guy in front of him until he gets up front and is very wreckless. Reedy rides fast but always waits for others to make mistakes, he can pass slower riders but has a hard time passing fasterriders like JS, RD and RV.

But the beauty of Stewarts style is that he takes advantage of every feature on the track to get speed. He knows that it is faster with your wheels on the ground then in the air. He uses the trasitions of every jump and burm to create speed, and not just try and blow through them and over stuff. He stays on the pegs in turns which keeps the back tire hooked up and holding momentum. Pourcell does a great job of that also and carries his speed through turns with his feet on the pegs. I think he still has the best technique in racing and there isn't anyone in the field technically better.

While I may come off as a "hater", which is truly not the case, anyone thinking that the current crop of talent has anything for a healthy James Stewart should... get ready for disappointment.

Only two racers have maximum warp speed motocross capability, and, one of them retired! Guess you can figure out who the other one(Or 7, depending on the photo shoot that day!) is ๐Ÿ˜

While I may come off as a "hater", which is truly not the case, anyone thinking that the current crop of talent has anything for a healthy James Stewart should... get ready for disappointment.

Only two racers have maximum warp speed motocross capability, and, one of them retired! Guess you can figure out who the other one(Or 7, depending on the photo shoot that day!) is ๐Ÿ˜

You are a good actor.๐Ÿ˜

How many times was Stewart battling with Short in the past outdoors and we ALL know where Reed was? Dungey is going to see just how fast the fastest man on the planet is.

Very true....and then when JS beats him, everybody will say "well obviously RD wasn't racing at his full speed because he is being safe and conserving points".

The question is, will RD have the testicular fortitude to really bang bars (try to anyway's) with Stewart and show the MX world that he is the new top dog? Looks like we will fing out at Unadilla!

All I can say is this....Most people wrote off Ricky Carmichael after his knee injury. People where saying he would never be the same, even Honda dropped him because of that fear.....Oooops!