2011 300xc-w , first ride!

The 6 speed '11 XC has close to the same overall gear spread as the 5 speed '10 XCW with closer spacing between all gears. The 6 speed '11 XCW has lower 1st and 2nd gears with larger gaps from 1st through 3rd gears, and the same close ratios as the '11 XC from 3rd through 6th.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Europeans focus on social cohesion, the US on personal wealth.

So no wonder the most livable cities and the lowest crime rates -you have 5 times more probabilities to be murdered in the US than in Western Europe- are in Europe.

You're happy with your system? Fine, so are we.

Most livable cities? Is that a joke? You'll love your system until you have to pay for it. Enjoy!???

The 2011 XC has a new frame, swingarm, shock, plastic, etc. It also has a six speed tranny and e-start. The 2010 XC-W's are basically last years bike with a six speed.

you mean 2011 XCW, right.?

The XC's get a different head, mapping, etc on the 250. Plus the newest frame upgrades. There's a good bit of difference between an 250XC and W. With the 300, not as much usually, except for the frame upgrades this year.

The XC's get a different head, mapping, etc on the 250. Plus the newest frame upgrades. There's a good bit of difference between an 250XC and W. With the 300, not as much usually, except for the frame upgrades this year.

300 XC-w change for 2011

taken on KTM website.

Transparent tank --> visibility of fuel level

- New colors

- New decals

- Handlebar protector in serial production

- New cylinder with optimized timing and more torque

- New piston --> higher reliability

- New carburetor setting --> better ridability

- New exhaust pipe --> more peak performance

- New 2-component silencer with bigger inner tubing and new bracket --> more torque, cooler running engine and better connection to the bike

- Electric start in serial production

- New 6-speed gearbox

300 XC-w change for 2011

taken on KTM website.

Transparent tank --> visibility of fuel level

- New colors

- New decals

- Handlebar protector in serial production

- New cylinder with optimized timing and more torque

- New piston --> higher reliability

- New carburetor setting --> better ridability

- New exhaust pipe --> more peak performance

- New 2-component silencer with bigger inner tubing and new bracket --> more torque, cooler running engine and better connection to the bike

- Electric start in serial production

- New 6-speed gearbox

I was comparing XC to W, not year to year. Thanks for the comparo though.?

All great changes for the 2011! I didn't think my 2010 could get any better but honestly it's been so good I have not spent much time thinking about it. I'm a little confused but I thought the 2011 XC had a 6 speed with very similar ratios to the 2011 XC-W? So the XC has the 'upgraded' for lack of a better term forks and frame to go along with the semi WR box?

All great changes for the 2011! I didn't think my 2010 could get any better but honestly it's been so good I have not spent much time thinking about it. I'm a little confused but I thought the 2011 XC had a 6 speed with very similar ratios to the 2011 XC-W? So the XC has the 'upgraded' for lack of a better term forks and frame to go along with the semi WR box?

Yes, cubera, the XC and SX got the new frame and plastics. The W's did not. The XC and W have always had similar trannies, but the sprocket ratios really seperated them.

I am curious to know what the sprocket combo is on the XC's.

As already mentioned (discounting sprockets), the '11 XC and XC-W have the same internal ratios from 3rd through 6th but the XC-W 1st and 2nd are both lower than in the XC.

Yep, I meant 2011.