07 KTM 450sx coolant pissed out???

I was going to go for a ride yesterday and my bike quit on me only a few blocks away from my home. It made a squeeling sound then some clatters and stalled. I tried to get it going again and found out I hade no coolant??? I filled up coolant and started up again, the bike pissed it all out of a small hole under the water pump and was unable to start???

the impeller is still turning fine and the bike turns over....what might my probalem be???

THX!😏

Could be the water pump diaphragm...many of us have leaky ones. Depending on how bad it is, you may be able to get by with it. Just keep an eye on your fluid level but you will certainly need to replace it in due time. Lots of info on this forum about it...good luck

OK! It was the seal,,,,But now worse!

I brought the bike home replaced the seal(rad was dry now) and filled back up with coolant, now the bike won't start and it is very hard to turn over....it did back fire a few times also. 😏

I think when thepump went the bike must have gotten hot and caused bigger problems????

This RF4 engine is delicate, if run low on water or oil, or too much water in the oil the cam bearings can sieze up.

FIrst we need to know if the engines compression numbers are good, should be right around 115 PSI

Then we need to make certain one of the cams is not siezed