dr350 piston in a dr250

Hello, I have a '95 dr250 that I'm going to rebuild but I'm having trouble finding an oversize piston for it. I'm wondering if a dr350 piston is compatible with just a bore and head gasket? What would my displacement be? Any compression or valve clearance issues? I'd like to get all the facts before I start buying parts. Thanks for your help.

Hello, I have a '95 dr250 that I'm going to rebuild but I'm having trouble finding an oversize piston for it. I'm wondering if a dr350 piston is compatible with just a bore and head gasket? What would my displacement be? Any compression or valve clearance issues? I'd like to get all the facts before I start buying parts. Thanks for your help.

http://www.thumper-racing.net/my_ride.php?b=DR250&tb=0

A little too much $$$ for a DR250 mod. The 250 is a slug compared to the 350 IMO (I own both)

I'd sell the 250 and buy a DR350

+1...sell the 250 to a college kid looking for a moped. I owned both, more difference in them than just 100cc's.

iagree.gif

The 250S is a slug compared to the 350S..... while the 350S is no rocket, it certainly kills the 250S.

I keep my DR250S in the garage for friends to ride and for the occasional quick gleep of a spare part when needed.­čśĆ

I'll likely not even ride the dr. I have my xr600 that a 350 couldn't even touch. I just like to fix broken motorcycles, call it a hobby. Anyway, I picked this bike up for next to nothing helping out a friend. It runs good but smokes a little, so I figure that if I'm going to open it up and do anything to the bore, I might as well go bigger. If I could just bore it out from a 73mm to 79mm, install a dr350 piston and head gasket maybe I could build a Suzuki dr300'ish. It seems simple enough to me. the wrist pin diameter is the same. If no one has tried it maybe I'll just do it to see if it can be done. Then I'll sell it and move on to the next project.