Tires for DRZ400SM

Thats encouraging, after two sets of conti SM's I'm running some pilot powers next and hope to like em even better. I hear people get get good life out of the conti's but I never got more than 2k out of a set and they were bald on the sides and almost in the center.

Pilot Power road 2ct. All the best of the Pilot Powers, a touch less grip (you will only notice it riding balls out on a track day) and wear a LOT longer esp the rear with the harder compound in the center.

Just mounted my new 150 up and putting it on this week. Had the original Pilot Power road and got 3500mi out of it.

PS I'm a bit over spec at 6'4" 350.

• 6 months later...

you now have conventional wire-spoked rims on your SM instead of the one-piece cast aluminum wheels you have on the ninja.you have to run a tube regardless of whether the tire is marked tubeless.just because a tire is marked tubeless doesn't mean you can't mount up a tube.the stock dunlop D208SM sportmax tires are all equiped with a tube.

now if you want to go truly tubeless you can upgrade your wheel set to the marchesini cast magnesium wheels.then you don't have to run tubes.