Major draging front brake

Ok, just replaced the Front pads with EBC MXS model and bled the brake the traditional way, and after I squeezed the brake again after re-installation the brake drags very bad. Are the brakes not bled properly (my first time, but the lever feel is very good)? Is there a problem with the pistons? I really don't know, I'm going to take it to the dealer ($40) if I can't get it straight...

New pads will drag the disk because they are new. ride it around to about third gear and do a few stoppies to 10 mph about 6 times. You will know if you have a real problem if the rotor turns blue or smokes.

My personal experience has been a bent brake pin. So now when i change brake pads I put in a new pin and there are brake pads being sold this way with pads and a brake pin.

Ok thanks (they came w/ a new pin, which I installed)

I took it down to the dealer this morning and fortunately they're great guys whom we know fairly well. They originally told me that they wouldn't be able to get to it until Tuesday, but after talking for a minute, the head mechanic came out and looked at it and told me almost exactly what you did- the new pads will drag some.

That's the difference between knowing what you're doing (I kinda did) and experience- he knew it was SUPPOSED to do that, I didn't. So 5 minutes and no $$, I was good to go. Plus the satisfaction of knowing I bled the brakes successfully 🙂.