2001 te410

A guy near me has a 2001 TE410 hes trying to sell, he says the only thing wrong with it is the kickstart. Assuming he can get it running when i go look at it would 900 be a reasonable offer? also how much would it cost to replace a kickstart? And finally how would this thing be as a dual sport? (like 80 dirt 20 road) I am looking at another KTM 300 but the allure of the TE410 is pretty good if i can get it fixed reasonably cheap.

I think I know which bike you're talking about...the exact one for sale that is. It feels as if it's my old one that's for sale, as the plastics look very familiar to what I had done. Anyhow, it's a 2001 TE400. The last year for the 410 was 2000.

The bike will not make a good dual sport bike. It's really just a dirt bike. If you really had to dual sport it, I wouldn't do more than 10% road and not at constant high speed. If you want a dual sport Husky, grab a TE610E.

The kick starter lever itself is $100 bucks new, from Husky, as I replaced one since the guy I bought it from on here put a smaller 2T kickstarter on it as a cheap@ss, so I replaced with factory OEM.

$900, yeah, as long as it starts good and it runs well.

For me, one of these bikes, if in fair cond: $900-1100, good cond: 1300-1700, exc cond: $1800-2000 and perfect: 2100-2400.