Storing your bike long periods?

Quick question on storing my bike for long periods. I just had rotator cuff last surgery last Friday and prolly won't ride for a few weeks.

This is what I have done:

made sure fuel was off, leaned bike over and stood it back up to drain all the fuel out of the bowl, started and ran till it died.

Every other day or so I will go in shake the gas up that is in the tank still

any other suggestions or something better I could do?

thanks

A few weeks is not a problem at all.

Yeah, mine sit that long in between trips ­čśĆ But I know the down time calls for some tinkering in the garage so if you want, there's a section in your manual about storing the bike. A little bit of oil in the cylinder, etc. I usually unplug my spark plug wire, drain the gas out, all that good stuff. Also if you have a stand to put the bike on, that's always better for the tires. Some people disagree but if you have the stand, why not?

This weekend will be the 3rd weekend since I ran it.

Had a buddy put stabil in his yz125 and it took him forever to get it to run right again so I'm a bit nervous about putting that in

not sure how much a difference it will make but I have 2/3 Track Tech 111 race fuel and 1/3 93 octane pump gas in it Klotz techniplate pre mix

Here's what I did on a bike that ended up being stored for several years. The bike was an '81 CR450.

Changed the trans oil. Drained all fuel from the tank and carb and hosed them out with carb cleaner. Replaced the carb drain plug and gave a healthy shot of carb cleaner through the fuel hose so some would remain in the carb. Pulled the spark plug, put a few squirts of oil into the cylinder through the hole, kicked it over a few times and reinstalled the plug. About twice a year I would drain the carb, give it another shot of carb cleaner, another couple squirts of oil through the spark plug hole, and kick it over a few times.

Almost 10 years went by.

When I was ready to ride it again, I put gas in it and three kicks later it was running. It smoked for a couple minutes and ran great for several months until I sold it when I got my current '02 YZ250.