O/T - Gobert Fired

From Cycle News:

Australian Anthony Gobert has been fired by the Ducati Austin team and will be replaced by Italian Giovanni Bussei for the remainder of the AMA Superbike Championship, according to multiple sources.

Bussei comes to the team at the recommendation of the Ducati factory in Italy and he will be on the bike at the next round of the AMA/Chevy Trucks U.S. Superbike Championship in Brainerd, Minnesota, June 28-29.

When contacted at his home in Temecula, California, Gobert refused to comment but said he would be doing so shortly. Calls to team owner Terry Gregoricka have gone unreturned.

Gobert is currently 14th in the AMA/Chevy Trucks U.S. Superbike Championship.

Bussei ended up fifth in today's provisional qualifying for this weekend's World Superbike round in Silverstone, England, on his UnionBike GiMotorsports Yamaha R1.

Checked out your web links, nice shots of the bikes. How much weight did you lose by removing the stock steel tank? Do you feel that is a must mod? I am interested in building a set of motard wheels front and back, piece by piece over the next 4 months. How and what would you purchase, so the checkbook does not get hit so hard. Thanks!

Checked out your web links, nice shots of the bikes. How much weight did you lose by removing the stock steel tank? Do you feel that is a must mod?

Thanks! From what I could tell, there wasn't much difference in weight between the two tanks. It was a must-have item for me though; I was tired of filling up after 70 miles. And I didn't want to smash up the stock tank; I put that in the closet for safe keeping.

I am interested in building a set of motard wheels front and back, piece by piece over the next 4 months. How and what would you purchase, so the checkbook does not get hit so hard. Thanks!

I bought my brakes and fully assembled wheels from Moto Master so I'll leave this one to those who have built their own wheels. I can tell you that many people have bought parts from http://www.buchananspokes.com/. Either way, forget it about it being easy on the checkbook! 🙂

Cheers