Husaberg fe450

I think a 390 would be better because of your weight . I am 220 with gear on on the 450 can be a handfull sometimes . I love my FE 450 , great bike . You can not go wrong with the 390 or 450 !

Consider the FX 450 or the 2011 model year (should arrive on the showroom floor any day now) to get the CC forks that would probably be better for open country higher speed riding. You should be able to find some good deals on the '09 and '10 model years though. The 2011 models have the CC forks and some small improvements around the steering head on the frame to make it stiffer. The 2010 and later are 'green sticker' legal, and the 2011 570 is 50 state street legal.

You might also consider the 570 if you are looking for more top speed, and it is as tame as you want it to be - it isn't a beast. All three sizes come with the three maps ($50 for the switch) and you can select 'traction' (or 'soft' as it is sometimes called), 'standard' and 'aggressive' depending on the kind of power delivery you want. I run 'traction' on the trails and then switch to 'aggressive' for the ride home on pavement.

Also, if you ride deep into the desert or on long rallyes, there are a number of aux. tanks available; a tank to replace the subframe to add 1.1 gallons, a tank that wraps around the existing tank, and a saddle wrap around tank (the last two are from Aqualine). Total capacity of all three and the stock tank, just shy of 8 gallons.

Another advantage: all three bikes share pretty much all the same parts with the only real differences being the crank, the rod, the piston and the cylinders. They also share a lot of parts with KTMs.

I like mine. ­čśĆ