Flats?

Im having a terrible time with flats recently. Just today I noticed my tire was flat at the track, went home and when I pulled out the tube I found a small hole on the side of the tube. I had the same situtation about 3 weeks.­čśĆ I've been running 13psi in the rear, should I go 14, 15? The track does have some rocks and is hard pack. BTW this was also a HD tube, not one of those real thick ones but kind of in the middle.

I rode the bike once already before today. When I checked the tire pressure this morning, it was only 1 lb off so I figured it was good to go. I pinched tubes before and everytime I knew when it happend or real soon after, this one I rode once since installing a new tube.

check the inside of your tire for anything sticking out, also inspect your rim for a sharp burr or anything that could poke the tube.

+++1

replace that rim strip too and check the rimlock for burrs. Also Extra heavy duty tubes help as well.

I ride woods with LOTS of rocks... only 2 flats in the last 15 years (on MX bikes w/ 19" rear rim.)

Ductape to replace rubberband, no burrs/snags on rim or rimlock, ultra HD tubes, run int Dunlops or Bridgestones, 14 front & 13 rear... but I only weigh about 160 and ride light weight 2-strokes. Most of my buddies on the 4-strokes run the same set-up but 15 psi F & R.

I helped a young man at the track change a flat and he said that he could not keep a tube in his rear tire. Once we got the old tube out, I found why his tube was getting pinched, his rim was cracked on the inside. Lets hope thats not your problem.

I use duct tape for a rim strap and use baby powder inside the tire to stop chaffing. I also take an old tube and cut it down the inside middle and put it on the out side of the new tube to help stop pinchin the tube from big hits.

You may have pinched the tube not with tire tools, but when you air in up the first time, the tire maybe seating against it before it seats on the rim.

I am a very big guy who races desert. Tire selection has a large part towards pinch flats. Have you recently changed brand or model. I prefer a dunlop 745 rear and run 18-19 psi in the dez and 12 at the track, hard pack track would require a couple psi more like 14-15 for me. Front is 17-19 for dez and always 13 for track. Now I weigh 230 and am 6'3 so this too makes a difference. Only run an ultra hd tube if your riding in any rocks since they resist pinch flats(sounds like that is what is happening with pinch holes in the side of the tube, as long as the tire is free of debris or thorns inside of course). A regular hd tube like a MSR or equal really are not that thick. If you worry about rotational mass than an ultra hd is not the way for you, both front and rear could add a few pound to your bike. Also try to babypowder the tube before instalation, this makes the tube able to slide around a bit and not hang up from rubber to rubber friction. Also make sure your rim lock is in good shape and no metal or sharp edges are exposed. Good luck.