2004 crf450 rotella oil in both tranny/motor?

im gunna hear it for this one..........

i would suggest using the honda specified oils for you bike i know they cost more but..........and you can quote me on this would you rather pay more for oil or more in parts its your choice but i personally choose to pay more for oil and save on parts ๐Ÿ˜

According to the Rotella website, the 15w40 T6 Full Synthetic and the 15w40 Triple Protection are both JASO-MA rated. This means they are fully suitable for use in wet-clutch type transmissions.

The MA basically means it lacks moly, which is helpful in these modern 4 stroke engines, but the Rotella does have a good reputation for having good anti-wear characteristics even without moly. Even knowing that, I would probably still want to use a moly containing oil for the engine.

DOZENS of threads on this topic. search, read to your hearts content.

1/2 the posters you will find will only use motorcycle specific oils, others 1/2 including myself use Rotella (or other good oil with no friction modifiers) on both sides of the engine.

what you guys think instead of using two diff kind of oils.one with molly one with out molly just run rotella in both an change it more often.

As mentioned previously....gobs of info out there...You have opened a can of worms ๐Ÿ˜

I've been using Rotella in BOTH sides since 2006 in my 450R....no issues here. I also used it in my sons CR85R for 3-4 years. You're right- the beauty is that it is very economical which allows you to change it more often without breaking the bank.

In fact, my 2005 450R has never had the clutch cover off. It still has the original clutch, and I just did the top end last summer (est 200+ hrs).

The CR85R over 3-4 years: two clutches (no basket replacements) and one top end in that time.

im gunna hear it for this one..........

i would suggest using the honda specified oils for you bike i know they cost more but..........and you can quote me on this would you rather pay more for oil or more in parts its your choice but i personally choose to pay more for oil and save on parts ๐Ÿ˜

the price or name of the oil doesn't indicate the quality of oil

often times people tell me "oh its cheap diesel oil" it actually says heavy duty oil on the bottle, not "diesel oil", not to mention, people trust it in their million dollar pieces of machinery, I'll trust it in a bike thats not even worth 10grand!

well to each his own i guess but ill stick with an oil that is atleast the same grade as the honda oils they dont have to be honda brand

I've ran a few different types of 'cheap' automotive oils

I only run the 15-40 in the summer, in the winter I usually switch to super tech or mobile clean 5000 10-40.. Works for me and oil changes are extremely cheap.. And I recently found out my friend can get me free rotella from work.. Just got 2 gallons free so I know what's going in my bikes and vehicles all summer ๐Ÿ˜:smirk:

btw run whatever you want to run imo.. Just make sure whatever you run you change it often! Automotive oil has proved itself for me so far :cheers:

I've ran a few different types of 'cheap' automotive oils

I only run the 15-40 in the summer, in the winter I usually switch to super tech or mobile clean 5000 10-40.. Works for me and oil changes are extremely cheap.. And I recently found out my friend can get me free rotella from work.. Just got 2 gallons free so I know what's going in my bikes and vehicles all summer :cheers:๐Ÿ˜

btw run whatever you want to run imo.. Just make sure whatever you run you change it often! Automotive oil has proved itself for me so far :ride:

A buddy gets you free Rotella? Very nice ๐Ÿ˜

A buddy gets you free Rotella? Very nice ๐Ÿ˜

heck yeah! I was pumped when he said he could get it, I guess his company goes through like 100 gallons of it a week, so its no problem for him to snatch up 5-10 a week lol ๐Ÿ˜

Hmmmmm oil Im pretty sure that if you change your oil regularly, use the proper weight, and don't use shop rite brand you'll be ok. I think when you purchase expensive oils you paying for the name. But if it's free you can't beat it with a stick