Neutral switch Yamaha Big Bear 400-02

Hello. My dad was almost going through the garage wall when he started his Yamaha, it was in gear. The neutral switch most have gone bad.

It´s impossible to get the green light come on,but it´s no problem starting.

Does anyone know where to locate the switch?

We have looked everywhere but can´t find anything.

Please help before my old man hurt him self.

Gresse

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the Grizzly 700's/660's, and the Wolverine have a small single wire switch. I am not sure about your model, but you may try looking on the rear of the engine, near where the swingarm would attach. It is sometimes right in the middle, on the rear of the engine. A slower way would be to find single wires, and trace them to the rear of the engine. There should not be more than one or two at most. They will not be in a loom. These are notorious for getting broken, or corroded, so once you find it, try cleaning it, and using some di-electric grease when you plug it back in.

Thank´s. This model have a light on the panel for going backwards as well, this one works. All we can see is two wires going in to the right upper backside of motor. Is the switch/switches located inside the motor on that location?

Gresse

The switches should not be inside the engine cases. They are small external electrical terminals that screw into the case, or sometimes into and around the black plastic drive housing. Is it possible that the neutral bulb itself is burned out, or the connection to the neutral light is not making contact?

We can not find any outside switches. If there is can you please explain further where they are.

The bulb is ok. We put 12 volt on it and it lights.

The connections we found we have cleaned.

Gresse

Thank´s for the link but we couldn´t find any outside switches anywhere.

There is´nt any wires either just two that goes right in the right back of engine. It´s a 4wd version.

Gresse