Bike won't run, need help asap!

Ok so... to start off the bike is an 09 CRF 250R and it ran 100% normal 3 days ago and started 1st or 2nd kick each time. All of the sudden I go to organized practice and it wont start, or even bump start. So far I've completely disassembled and cleaned the carb to make sure it was getting gas and I've checked the valves and they were about a thousandth off, so I set them to .011 and .005. Oh, and I checked to make sure it had spark. So I'm at a total loss here because I don't know what else it could be? I'm thinking someone came by when I wasn't at my bike and gave me a little "help" if you know what I'm saying....

Any help is appreciated!

exhaust valves have a tendency to tighten over time, making it really hard to start, but it should bump start fine so i dont think its your valves...but when you try to kick it, does it go down smoothly, or does the kickstart get stuck at any point? also, if the kickstart goes down really easily your piston could be gone. try checking in the spark plug hole, if alot of dirt got in there and clogged it it could muffle the spark...its a longshot but its worth a try

Needs three things to run- Spark, Compression, Fuel..

Spark- Check

Compression-Valves are good, rings might be shot but usually it will pop or attempt to start even with bad seal..

Fuel- Are you positive its getting fuel?? even with a carb clean it might be getting to much fuel or non at all.. after attempting to start it, pull the plug is it wet or smell like fuel? if its dry, spray a little starter fluid into the combustion chamber and see if it pops..

Also check the timing.. hopefully it didnt jump on the cam timing

Needs three things to run- Spark, Compression, Fuel..

Spark- Check

Compression-Valves are good, rings might be shot but usually it will pop or attempt to start even with bad seal..

Fuel- Are you positive its getting fuel?? even with a carb clean it might be getting to much fuel or non at all.. after attempting to start it, pull the plug is it wet or smell like fuel? if its dry, spray a little starter fluid into the combustion chamber and see if it pops..

Also check the timing.. hopefully it didnt jump on the cam timing

I adjusted valves and reset time so its not timing. I know its not that its not getting gas because i used a syringe to put gas down the spark plug hole just in case it wasn't getting any fuel and it still didn't even attempt to start. And the thing is, is that I just rode it a couple days ago and it started 100% normal so I don't think piston could be a culprit. I'm thinking something electrical must be going wrong somehow cause thats what it all seems to point to, even though it is sparking when I pull the plug out and kick it over. One last thing I noticed is that it still sparks when the kill switch it pressed, dont know how or even if that is related...

Edit: Checked compression and I think it's supposed to be around 57 psi or so? and it was in the low 40's so tearing it apart....

Edited by Chevy74

Sounds electrical, unplug the killswitch and try.. if it still does it get a multi meter and start checking the cdi, coil, ect...

did you check the compression with the auto-decomp removed and kicking over with the throttle wide open to get an accurate reading?

Sounds electrical, unplug the killswitch and try.. if it still does it get a multi meter and start checking the cdi, coil, ect...

did you check the compression with the auto-decomp removed and kicking over with the throttle wide open to get an accurate reading?

I was thinking electrical too...but just dont know exactly what. I will try taking off the kill switch next. And about the compression, its weird it doesnt mention doing that in the service manual, I will try that next.

Oh, and I checked to make sure it had spark.
you have not checked for spark?

Pull the plug stick it against the head...and kick. Usually takes two people.

Sounds like a stator. Common problem.

Yes I did, just set it on the frame and turned the engine over with my hand. Could it still be the stator?

Also, it almost acts like its out of time because it pops every once and awhile, but im 100% positive its in time.

sounds a lot like a stator.

You can measure it see if it ohms out correctly.

Sometimes those are intermitant...so you just need to switch it out entirely to try...find a buddy with the same one.

Someone on here had ignition boxes going out...maybe that's it too.

sounds a lot like a stator.

You can measure it see if it ohms out correctly.

Sometimes those are intermitant...so you just need to switch it out entirely to try...find a buddy with the same one.

Someone on here had ignition boxes going out...maybe that's it too.

im leaning in the same direction