linkage bearing help

You'll need sockets nearly the size of the bearing shells, some means of measuring relatively accurately (calipers, scale, etc). This will allow you to measure and identify which bearing go where, as well as how far they go in.

I found this video on Youtube that's the way I do mine, you can also use a bench vise as a press, and of coarse if you have access to a press, even better. Be carefull to use sockets that are not too small (ideally .01-.02 under bearing size) as you can fold the bearing shell. Also note that some bearings are rounded on one side and flat on the other, if this is the case, the rounded side goes first and you tap on the square side.

Do you have the old bearing out? If so, can you measure the hole it goes in, or the old bearing compared to the new? It's always possible they sent the wrong part. In any event, if it doesn't go in relatively easy, don't mash it in (obviously). I little grease helps, but that won't solve the problem you describe. I would recommend investing or borrowing some dial calipers, even some cheap ones would do the job.

Is there any chance you bugered up the bore getting the old bearing out? Should be able to remove any high spots with a burr knife. How about posting some pics...