Tillamook recommendations-first time there

I'll be riding Tillamook for the first time this coming Tuesday. I'm an intermediate rider. My friend and I will be entering from Tillamook up the Wilson River highway.

Can anyone recommend a good intermediate loop and place to stage from? Looking to put in 35-40 miles. Not looking for any nut buster trails but not endless quad trails either.

Prefer to launch somewhere on the west end, not wanting to go up the hwy as far as Brown's camp.

Thanks.

Pick up an ODF trail map of the area and park at the Jordan Ck OHV area. Take Rogers Rd (trail) up to the top and then follow the Firefox trail system around to Jordan Ck Rd. From there, if you want more you can that up to the Archers trail system and come back down to the JC parking area. The key is to pick up a ODF map of the area, they have the trails listed and you can plan your loop.

The Keenig CK and Diamond Mill areas are good too, unless you are familiar with those areas or have a gps it's a little easier to get lost.

DK

Thanks Dave,

We looked at the trail map online and chose to launch from Diamond Mill. Jordan Cr. was our other option.

We will be taking the GPS. My buddies pretty adept at running it. Looks like quite a few loop options.

One question......are most of the roads in the diamond mill area logging roads? OK to use those roads as connector trails?

D.Mill/Keening Creek area is more technical than the other side of the highway and easier to get off course in.

With a map and GPS, should be no issue though. It will be plenty easy to get 30-40 miles in on some good loops.

Yes... All the roads are gravel and open for OHV use.

It is generally posted at any boundry as to the illegality of OHV use on said road if that is the case.