Choppy Rear Suspension...

I recently had my suspension re-valved which made a big difference.

I have noticed that when coming out of a corner, hitting accelerating bumps the back end is very choppy. In other words, the rear of the bike tends to bounce left and right making the tail unstable.

I have not changed the settings i.e. compression/rebound since getting the bike back.

I do have the high speed compression turned off. I would assume this would be an issue of the rebound: Too slow or too fast? Or is this the nature of accelerating bumps, and should I transfer my weight to the rear to gain stability?

Thanks in advance.

Bricktop

“I do have the high speed compression turned off”

When I first joined the forum, I had questions regarding suspension settings. A member who replied said the High Speed Compression did very little if anything for the performance of the rear suspension, and to turn it 3.5 to 4 turns out to shut it off. ???

I have been riding it off ever since... 🙂

Thanks for the replies..

“I do have the high speed compression turned off”

When I first joined the forum, I had questions regarding suspension settings. A member who replied said the High Speed Compression did very little if anything for the performance of the rear suspension, and to turn it 3.5 to 4 turns out to shut it off. ???

I have been riding it off ever since... :D

Thanks for the replies..

Yikes...it has ALOT to do with the suspension, turning included! Turn that dial all the way in, then back it out 2 turns. Some prefer it out only 1.5 turns.... 🙂

...I tried 3 turns out and hated every second of it, it did not want to turn, accelerating on chop was horribly unstable, and small high speed hacking braking bumps made the bike act weird....