Dungey vs. Pourcel

for those of you that saw the spring creek race did you notice they both ran a 2.06 lap time? Even on the 250 pourcel had the same lap time as dungey on the 450. I think when Pourcel hops on the 450 dungey will be in trouble.

Pourcel definitely has the skill to run with Dungey but his stamina issue resulting from his injuries will hurt him. The extra weight of the 450 might make things worse for him.

Bingo. He couldn't get his gear off fast enough after that first moto and he looked spent.

You need to keep in mind that Mr.Pourcel was hurt way worse than most know,as I understand it he almost died and was perhaps not supposed to be able to walk if he did live.Even after he came to the U.S. he still had major difficulties with his internal plumbing,and I think his second moto results suffer from these injuries.

Yeah that 2nd moto is really hurting him. I suspect that Dungy will get the best of him for the overall. Unless he can get his stamina inline. That said it would be more of an issue for the nationals than the super cross series. Either way I can't wait for the 2011 season.

I hope Pourcel wins the outdoors title a race or two before seasons end and KAWI gives him VP's ride like Honda did for Windam....

Stewart may be there to..!!!! ­čśĆ

The rumor is he is scary fast on a 450 and looks sooo smooth on it. Dungey shocked me in Denver how smooth he really is on a bike. You see it more outdoors then SX.

I agree conditions (heat) need to be right and if he NEEDS to win he can do it almost every time it seems. He seems to focus on the war and only the battles he needs too for the championship.

Makes you wonder how he fast would be now without the injury, like when he won the MX championship???

2011 IS GOING TO BE SWEET....IF NO ONE GETS HURT

he looked pretty chewed up in the 2nd moto today... i wonder how he would hold up on a 450... a agree about him going SX only- it would probably be a good move for him - it would extend his career a bit.

Yeah that 2nd moto is really hurting him. I suspect that Dungy will get the best of him for the overall. Unless he can get his stamina inline. That said it would be more of an issue for the nationals than the super cross series. Either way I can't wait for the 2011 season.

I suspect Dungey will have his hands full with more than Pourcel next year when a healthy JS and RV return.

I suspect Dungey will have his hands full with more than Pourcel next year when a healthy JS and RV return.

True dat! I suspect that RD will have to pay-up a huge "vig" to the karma gods next year. If all the top guys are healthy ( or more than they were this year) then Dungy is going to be in for it. I'm no Dungy hater but I predict he will place 3rd in the SX series next yr.

villopoto has a wrist that is suspect...and now a leg that was mangled pretty badly......

i'll be surprised (pleasantly perhaps)....if he can return to his former speed/glory....

Oh man..... Dejavu! That's sounds just like what Honda said about Ricky Carmichael! ­čśĆ He has the one thing on his side other than pure determination, the best doctors Kawasaki can give and a great trainer...He is still VERRRRY young so his body doesn't do like us older guys. He will heel up, so be ready to turn that frown upside down!

nope.....not at all......plenty of racers have their knees worked on and come back....

this a wrist injury...(think rick johnson) and a massive leg injury.......i realize rv could prove me wrong but.......the body can only take so much.....and quite frankly......at the level these guys ride/race.....you NEED to be 100%......

nope.....not at all......plenty of racers have their knees worked on and come back....

this a wrist injury...(think rick johnson) and a massive leg injury.......i realize rv could prove me wrong but.......the body can only take so much.....and quite frankly......at the level these guys ride/race.....you NEED to be 100%......

:thumbsup:And after those kind of injuries you never return 100% mentally. Those are tough hurdles to get over.