08' Problems Again

I recently rebult the top end on the bike and have ben having lots of problems. After a long process the bike finally started running good again then i got to the track and had a bad wreck off a jump. I landed offf the track and the bike smashed on its side and broke the right shroud and bent up the raditor a smidgen and cracked the header. After going home i realized i was low on funds so i took off my 09' header and pipe and attached it to my 08' the header bolted up ok but the pipe didnt as much. Anyways after doing this and seeing that the radiator wasnt leaking anywher i have been riding the bike. Then moved on to racing it again the prblem is it is shooting out anti-freeze from the over flow like a full pressure water hose. it saves some but not much and has beeen eating oil. I know this sounds like something internal maybe (head gasket,piston) im not an expert so im open to options id really like to get my kawi back to good condition im ordering my new header today but i know that isnt why the antifreeze thing is going on or is it?

How did you mount the '09 muffler to the '08?

My muffler snapped at the midpipe/can connection last weekend, and I have yet to buy a new one. I was invited to go to a 2011 KX250F test ride today and my friend said i could run his stock muffler off of his '09. I thought i remembered reading something here on TT that all years' pipes were interchangable on the KX250Fs. Wrong! I went to my friend's house this morning and the muffler wouldnt fit, hence ruining my day. The sub-frame mount on the 2009 pipe appeared to be too far towards the end cap to fit (mount needed to be moved back on the can, or can needed to be cut from the mid pipe end to fit).

Anyways... No your header is not the reason for your oil/coolant loss. Did u replace the gaskets when you rebuilt the top end? Do u see any oil leaks/stains anywhere on the motor? If you do see leaks, do you see them when it runs, or sits? How often does it blow out coolant?

I used the whole 09 exhaust system header and all. the header bolts in perfect to the motor the pipe is a handful it doesnt exactly fit but u can rig it to fit by pushing it into place of the header and driving the bolt off the frame near the air box in the pipe it will pull the pipe into position but is still of in the back to bolt up near the seat. waht i did was run a bungy to give it extra support but the one bolt gives it alot suprisingly. something to try i suppose.

anyways it pukes coolant asoon as u start the bike. its low everytime after your ride the bike so i fill it up before and soon as i start the bike it shoots out the bottom hose full blast and takes a good 18 oz to fill it back up. my local shop claims they replaced the head gasket but idk for sure if they did . i was thinkn of taking it apart but me and my father dont know exactly what to do to get to the bottom end when it comes to the cam chain do i let it drop?

oh, sounds a little messy. im just gonna wait to get a new muffler.

to get the cam chain out just take off the ignition cover, then remove the flywheel, and pull it out from there. you'll need to take it off the cam gear up top first though.

First off kawi501 is correct they are not all interchangeable.

exhaust systems from 04-08 are all interchangeable the 09-10 are interchangeable between them selfs but not backwards with 04-08 or visa versa.

As far as the OP's question on the ratiator issue with pissing coolant. This is due to one of two reasons. you have a blockage creating more pressure then the cap can handle. Or the cap is damaged and not sealing the system allowing coolant to escape. My guess is probably a damaged radiator cap.

as far as it eating oil. Well, the question comes back to is it pissing the oil out of the breather hose? If so you probably are over filling it. This is probably because you're only draining the 14mm main oil drain and not draining the 8mm clutch side. Then you fill it to 1300 or 1350[if filter removed]ccs of oil This will be wrong because you didn't fully drain the system. with out the 8mm you probbaly have roughly 100ccs oil left in the system.

If it's burning oil [blue smoke] out of the exhaust then you have an issue that needs to be resolved. Either inproper ring setup during install, bad head gasket, or leaking valve seals. These problems just get worce as you use the bike.

the overflow is connected where the cap goes right? So it lends itself to believe that the cap is damaged. Also, can those pumps even build enough pressure without heat to cause the cap to release? I would think it would just cavitate?? Anyway, my guess is your cap or cap mounting flange is hosed.

so primal. I got a Q about what you said. I rebuilt my bike, 07 KX250f, new piston,rings and some intake valves, cam chain and thats it. It does make black smoke when I ride and the jetting should be about right... 182main at like 2-3000ft, 42 pilot, etc. It makes a mess on the rear fender and muffler endcap. I did not cut or shine the valve seats, but i did clean up the exhaust side of the head. I did replace valve seals. What could this be? I made sure to break-in the new rings well and install them right, or maybe not... What the heck makes this mess?