2006 KTM 450sx

Hi, im just wondering if this would be a good bike for me. I currently ride a cr125 in the desert. Im about 5'9", 150-155 lbs. I know it has the 4 speed but I heard with the 2006, that it is easy to add a 5th and 6th gear. The owner is selling it for $2,000 and its really clean. thanks for the feedback

I recently bought a 05 450 sx and I love it! It has great, smooth power and is really fun to ride and has great suspension (if you tweak it) and handles really well. My buddy has a beautiful 07 crf450 and he rode my KTM and he couldn't believe how great the bike was. go for it, you won't regret! I am 42, 6 ft. tall and weigh 180.

06 is much better than the 05 which had major valve guide issues. I have added 6 speed to many of them, there are a couple of combos, cheapest way involves buying two gears and leaves you with wide ratio 5th & 6th. The 450 stuggles to pull those gears so better deal is close ratio 5 & 6 which requires purchase of 4 gears. In both cases there is a bunch of small parts that runs abt $90, gears, shoot from the hip is abt $50 to $60 each. Estart is a nice addition, not cheap, new its in the $7's IF you can find one, there is a used kit on Ebay right now for $485

Im in almost the same boat as you other than i have a 2006 250sxf for $2000 lined up to buy and im moving up from a cr125 also so i would like to know also

The 250 SXF is a 6 speed, if its in good shape just add a spark arrestor & its great in the woods