My flattens out at about 7500 rpm

what cam you runnin there krannie?? i got the 02 r cam, and i swear it pulls to 9500, havnt really checked it though w the vapor, im always all over the board, tryin to keep it off the limiter, but it gets there so damn fast.😏

your motor will definately last longer than mine im sure:worthy:

Krannie,

I had the same problem with my 2008, ported & polished, R Cam and it just seemed give up in the upper RPM range, as you said "just noise". I changed out my Dr. D full stainless exhaust to the FMF megabomb with factory 4.1 can during their 20% off sale and seat of the pants dyno says it pulls up to the limiter now.

The Dr. D was awesome down low but not for the full range. The FMF hasn't lost anything low (still a tractor) but pulls all the way now. If you have an opportunity to try another exhaust system I'd be real curious if you see the same results.

could be.

I have a stock head and stock cam with MRD exhaust, 170 main,

I would think that with a port polish and r cam you would need a little more fuel to go with all that air (port polish and bigger lobes on cam) maybe a 175 main.

Pretty sure these engines sign off around 8500 whatever exhaust/cam you have & 7500 is pretty close to that, at least enough for a seat dyno.

could be.

I have a stock head and stock cam with MRD exhaust, 170 main,

I would think that with a port polish and r cam you would need a little more fuel to go with all that air (port polish and bigger lobes on cam) maybe a 175 main.

Pretty sure these engines sign off around 8500 whatever exhaust/cam you have & 7500 is pretty close to that, at least enough for a seat dyno.

That's what I was thinking. Bigger Main. Just wondering, since the little WR motor goes to about 9k without a hitch. Not that I am comparing.

Hey Krannie: Was it doing it before the port and polish?

The RPM ceiling has not changed.

The AS Racing Port and Polish gave me a wider/stronger power band centered around 6500 rpm.

It goes almost 250 rpm's lower/higher than before, of usable power.

It is two distinct power bands: Below 5000 and above 5000, which is attributed to the '05 R cam and the Dr D pipe, which I will change someday. The Dr D pipe is really a low-mid only pipe.

The power is fun, and great for desert. It's a bit of a handful in the tight/hilly stuff; you have to grunting it most of the time. Which I guess is normal.