KX85 Clutch

Hi Guys,

OK bit of a story on this one. My neighbour's son has a 2005 KX85,

when you start the bike clutch in put it in gear the bike stalls. I found the clutch bable badly worn so replaced the cable still the same.

We the took the clutch out foud all the plates were ok but the basket was very badly worn so we replaced the basket wit a Talon one.

Still the same.

What we have found is if you don't start the bike put it in gear rock the bike the clutch releases and the bike is ridable, as soon as you turn the bike off restart it problems back. any idea's or advice ?

He is due his first race this sunday and shop can't look at it till 31st July

any help would be great.

Thanks

Swanny

did u replace the inner hub? When I had kiddo on KX100 we had to do basket and hub a couple of times. Also if you went with an after market basket might do to pull it off after couple hours riding and recheck the fastners holding the primary drive on seem to come loose on KX's

Just becuase the plates "looked" fine doesn't mean they are. Use the FAQ section, follow my directions. everything is exactly as his. Except the crank nut but you don't have to mess with it. Mic' them and check steels for warp. make absolutely sure all washers are in the proper places.

I would highly suggest a simple oil like ATF, trying it once might do the trick, if not, you can always go back to what you are using now.

Is the clutch release rod in right? Was the basket put back on right? Thrust washers on both sides of it? Also like said above, was the inner hub groved?

KX85^2001^CLUTCH?$oem$

I would just pick up a new clutch/spring set, run some fresh Type F ATF for a few minutes of riding to get it cleaned out. Drain and add fresh.. ?

think we got it sorted done as adviced with a twist,

tuck the plates on laid the steels on my engineers block all dead smotth no twist or kink.

soaked the plates in ATF for 12 hours and rebuilt was running Motul 10 40's dropped that and ran with atf swopped the oil back to fresh motul bike runs perfect, thanks guys

Swanny