Clutch help?????

Okay after searching tons of search threads, and not really nailing down anything. What is your choice for clutch replacement. OEM, Barnett, EBC, Sumo. I ride mainly MX with tons of clutch slipping. Just trashed my oem today doing flat urn oval drills in 3rd... It wasn't the practicing, but the oem had been in there a while. I think I would like the steel plates and heavier springs, so I guess I am just picking everyone's brain out there and asking for some experience.

If youre slipping the clutch that much, Id suggest a Barrnett basket with the stainless inserts and the Hinson billet hub.

Id use OEM frictions and plates, but thats me. I like the feel of the OEM clutch action.

If its not an 09 that is.

If it is, Id suggest a complete Hinson unit with 6 springs. Or that diaphragm spring. That thing is trick. Expensive as hell, but trick.

Holy Mother...its Barrnett for you. @ 345, you need all the help you can get. No offense. Also, gearing it down would probably help a lot too. Plain and simply, youre about double the target size for rider. The thing needs to scream a bit to pull you around. Gearing it down would be a great help to get it off the corner. And you wont hurt it by revving it either.

It's not directly related to your issue, but I have the Barnett basket in my KX250, and it was worth every penny. The stainless tangs are much harder than the OEM aluminum hub, so the clutch action is much smoother even with heavier springs because the plate fingers slide across the steel easier. And the basket will NEVER groove...😏