Newbie here: OTD price for a DR-Z400s? Thanks!!!

Hello all, I just found this site and its great!

I am currently selling my '02 GSXR750 and getting a DRZ400s. I am tired of the sportbike scene and want to get back into ds riding (man I miss it!). I've owned 5 dsports in the past, and I am desperately wanting to get back on the saddle of a thumper.

Anyways, I am in the northeast (NJ) and am trying to get an idea of how much OTD you guys are paying for your DR-Z's. Thanks a bunch!!!

๐Ÿ™‚

I just got the Kawasaki KLX400SR (Suzuki DRZ400S equivalent) for $4,999 on May 16. I looked at both Suzuki and Kawasaki versions and they both were recently reduced from the $5,499 list in early May at all of the dealers in the Washington, DC area. That's just the start, though, with trailer, mods, etc.

Zukdriver

Don't worry so much about paying list. Just figure you have a REAL good friend down at the dealership. It will pay off one day. If your the guy always beating the sales people and parts people down on price, they may not come through on that one thing you really really need.

REmember most all sales people are commisioned in thE Motorcycle business. So its not the "rich shop owner" just making less money its the people you asking advice and favors from.

Just remind them , "I'm the guy who paid list and knows it." When you need a favor.

Thanks,

Todd BEllew

I am currently selling my '02 GSXR750 and getting a DRZ400s.

๐Ÿ™‚

Dude, are you nuts? Do not sell that thing! I got my KLX400 OTD for $5k even. The best deal I could get on a yellow one was $5k even with knobbies put on for an '02 left over, and that was actually blue. Still a good deal. THat worked out to be $25 a week throught the credit union. Don't think NEW bike, think TWO bikes. IF you are really gonna sel it, let me know what you want for it. Mines got pinched and smashed up, I'm just waiting for the insurance check.