02 TTR225 No Spark

I have two of these bike and the other day one of them just quit. I traced it to a no spark issue, and I have swapped all the electrical parts from one bike to the other. I have narrowed it down to the parts inside the left engine cover, The stator and the coil pulser. I am hoping it is the coil pulser, because the stator is way too expensive. Can anyone confirm for me that the stator is just used to charge the battery and does not have anything to do with the ignition spark?

Connections are good, I swapped the whole engine cover from one bike to the other and that corrected the problem on the broken bike and created the same problem on the good bike. So it is either the stator or the coil pulser. Just trying to figure out which one.

I've got a XT225 manual (same motor, very similar electronics) I can email you if you'd like. However, I think if you google "XT225 manual download" you'd be able to find one pretty easily.

I also think you can download it from http://www.yamahaownershandbook.com.au/?r=0 but you have to specify XT225 and you won't be able to print any pages, but you'll have it for reference.