Smart Move???

I couldn't bring myself to sell my CRF, so i'm keeping the aluminum brute.

anyway, i'm starting to get tired of oil on my filter and i read a while back how Moto-XXX re-routed the vent hose (that connects to the airbox) down toward the skid plate where all the other hoses go, would this be ok to do reliabilty wise and would i have to worry about crap getting sucked up or something going going wrong that wouldn't happen if i left it stock?

ive never noticed oil being blown on the air filter

but if you want to get rid of the vent just do as follows

take the line from your valve cover and run it to the same place the rest of the vent tubes are under the bike. Plug the hole that used to go into the airbox with the plug that was in the clear tube that was ran down along the countershaft sprocket. I think the tubing size you need is 7/16. Try to run the tube as straight as possible back along side the carb,and down along the rear brake side of the rear shock.

(thank faster295 for that info)

Mr Blonde I just noticed that you live in N. Cal. How far north is far?

Red Bluff :D i consider sacremento the start of nor-cal most people think everything north of fresno is northern ca and oregon starts just past sacremento 🙂

When the piston goes down it wants to push air out of that vent. When it goes up it wants to suck air in. I wouldn't re-route it without some kind of filter on the end lest you might suck in some debris. I think thats why Honda routed it to the air filter in the 1st place.

I had a TT500 years ago and put a tiny 2" dia. K&N on the end of the vent tube when I ripped out the restrictive OEM airbox.

That setup worked good.