clutch/transmission question 09

low hours on bike <20 hrs, engine was running hot at Red bud. I though he overheated the clutch. Seemed like the heat was more from the tranny then the top end. I changed the clutch fibers and steels and replaced the pressure plate from another 09. It has a hard time finding neutral and once the bike gets hot there is too much clutch cable free play. If we adjust it while its hot then when it cools there is not enough free play. I think the tranny is ok but the clutch may need a new pressure plate? Am I missing something? Is my logic correct. When the plate gets hot they wrap and increase the cable play? Funny think we have another 09 with close to 100 hrs on original clutch?

I replaced the pressure plate with an OEM and the fibers and steels with Pro-x. They are made in Japan. I replaced the ARC clutch perch with the stock unit and filled the bike with honda oil. I really like honda oil. It seems to work. No drag and shifts into neutral. I can not say which part was gving me problems. The real test will be out on the track.