2007 YZ250 Master Cylinder?

I'm having issues with the front brake master cylinder / brake line and the hitting my Cycra handguards. The banjo bolt and brake line are hitting my handguards. I made a spacer for the handguards but the banjo bolt and brake line are still hitting.

I have looked at the CR mod and it looks like it would move the banjo bolt to the rear of the master cylinder instead of the front on the YZ master cylinder.

This would solve the clearance problem.

Will this work?

If so what year / model Honda front master cylinder would I need?

Will this master cylinder work with the YZ brake line?

I am also looking at new brake pads and have read the oem honda pads are better.

What year / model honda front brake pads will fit the YZ calipers?

Thanks

I'm having issues with the front brake master cylinder / brake line and the hitting my Cycra handguards. The banjo bolt and brake line are hitting my handguards. I made a spacer for the handguards but the banjo bolt and brake line are still hitting.

I have looked at the CR mod and it looks like it would move the banjo bolt to the rear of the master cylinder instead of the front on the YZ master cylinder.

This would solve the clearance problem.

Will this work?

If so what year / model Honda front master cylinder would I need?

Will this master cylinder work with the YZ brake line?

I am also looking at new brake pads and have read the oem honda pads are better.

What year / model honda front brake pads will fit the YZ calipers?

Thanks

You are correct and this should solve your clearance issues.

I went with the 07 CRF250R front master cylinder since it has the new style "linkage" or "cam " that provides more feel and a stronger responce, but one's from earlier years will work just fine.

I got it to work with my YZ brake line, but it has to be bent, and if not careful can be damaged to where it can't be used. It may be better to use a Honda brake line (I actually have one if you want one).

The Honda OEM pads do provide a better feel, and basically any pads from a full size Honda dirt-bike made in this century should work in your YZ caliper.

Just FYI, a Honda caliper will work on the YZ as long as the YZ brake hanger is used (at least it does on my 08 YZ450f). Therefore, it may save you some trouble to but a complete Honda front brake set-up. Just a thought:thumbsup: