2007 YZ125 Shifting issue

Okay so today I rode for a first time on the yz125 just fine. Keep in mind, I went easy on the bike, shifting okay. But like 4 times I misshifted, but I thought it was just me.

Yeah well at the end of the day I couldn't even shift up from Neutral to 2nd gear, only down to 1st gear and back to N. What is this??

I think it was the mud or the bike was hot or something?? I checked the temperature and it was 160 degree...? 😏

I know it can't be the shift stopper because it's an 07. To be honest I did not like the owner of the YZ125 before I came to pick it up. He was just full of crap and lying a lot! Although I paid 2500 for the bike w/ lots of extras, so I might sell the bike for same price and just get a 06 from a nice and HONEST dealer.. 😏

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem solved~! It was the shift lever messed up and threads are ruin.

I got a new question though. I got Pro circuit Triple clamps on the bike and I wanna replace it with OEM part and save the Pro circuit triple clamps for later.

Can I take out the pro circuit Triple clamps and put it on another yz125

without trouble? just tightening it on the forks as long it's a 02-08 model?

I'd like to buy the OEM clamps and put it on and sell it! :cheers:

Edited by Mudkipz

You might have some bent or damaged parts such as shift forks. I wouldn't rule out the shift stopper. You never know if some old stock got thrown in there. Only way you'll be able to figure it out is to tear into it and see if anything is damaged and replace as necessary.

Problem solved...

The Shift lever is messed up. The threads are worn out. 😏

I got a new question though. I got Pro circuit Triple clamps on the bike and I wanna replace it with OEM part and save the Pro circuit triple clamps for later.

Can I take out the pro circuit Triple clamps and put it on another yz125

without trouble? just tightening it on the forks as long it's a 02-08 model?

I'd like to buy the OEM clamps and put it on and sell it! 😏

Meticulously check the shift shaft itself. The shifter shouldn't strip out on its own. Speaking from experience when a shifter strips or loosens it is usually due to an incedent where the shift shaft gets slightly bent. If you just replace the shifter it will more than likely loosen within a ride or two.