questions regarding gaskets,sprockets

I've done a search, but couldnt find it really explained. My valve cover is starting to leak a little oil on the half moons, and people say use yamabond.

#1 - will regular sealent work for a car. RTV sealent and etc. ?

#2 - apply it on both head and valve cover ? or just the bottom of the gasket ?

# 3 - It is leaking oil out of the clutch shaft, that comes out of the crank case. Not alot, but enough to catch dirt and be annoying. Is this a expensive fix ? or nothing to worry about ?

# 4 - I rode about 30 minutes yesturday and noticed my rear sprocket was loose. really loose. 1 buddy said use blue loc tite and it will be good, the other buddy said chances are I just ruined my hub, and it will never stay tight. any insight ?

1. Yes

2. Just the valve cover.

3. No, no.

4. Blues is fine, red needs to be heated to remove. Only an inspection will verify if the hub is damaged. Tighten with blue loc-tight and ride.

You should alwas do a pre-ride inspection. Check the front and rear tires, spokes, exhaust, lube and check chain and sprokets, check for anything loose. Normally takes about 5 minutes.

I try to wash my bike after every ride. While your cleaning, you are checking.

I have finally fixed my bike. I got ripped 4 new ******** when i bought this bike. I knew it was rode hard, but I was in a hurry and wanted to ride. after $1500 and lot of my wasted time. I finally rode for 1 hour without nothing happening !! It still has some issues, but I am just going to ride it and get my moneys worth.

Its a shame you think you got screwed. But when ever I get a used bike Which I did just about 6 weeks ago 08 RMZ450. Reguardles of what the bike looks like or what the guy says I rip the entire bike apart and regrease everything and go over every nut and bolt.And when I bought my bike it looked like new and the guy was clean cut and very nice. Most people are so excited to ride they dont want to do the maintenence then blame the previous owner. In this sport if you dont do the maintenence you pay the price, and most of the time it is hefty. Good luck and have fun