YZ clutch basket

some of the hinson model comes with the ring gear already installed. not sure for the yz though. they also come with bumpers.

i bought a barrnet basket and it did not come with the gear installed or the bumpers. installing the gear was no big deal though.

Wiseco Part#: W6243-8

Product Type: Clutch - Cushions

Description: RUBBER CUSHIONS - WPP3012 (8)

2000-2010 YZ250

Wiseco part, in stock

Wiseco Part#: 17.9-2288

Product Type: Clutch - Cushions

Description: Damper Rubber Clutch Basket YZ125/250

1988-2009 YZ250

This is actually a ProX part, which Wiseco lists as currently out of stock

Does the barnett work well? They look kinda cheap. I have never seen one in person though. Looks like I am hit for this weekend. I will have to file out the grooves. Next week I will be putting in something. Barnett or Wiseco. I have had ok luck with Hinson baskets in the past. I dont like Hinson hubs and pressure plates at all.

Edited by Superbike Mike

the barnett is awesome!

I use both a hinson and a barnett. I recomment a barnet to customers. I sell a hinson to customers who request it.

On ANY basket other than the barnett's (and moose sells a barnett under moose) once worn...they are toast.

The barnett...once worn is...is 15 bucks away from being perfect.

Cant beat that.

the barnett is awesome!

I use both a hinson and a barnett. I recomment a barnet to customers. I sell a hinson to customers who request it.

On ANY basket other than the barnett's (and moose sells a barnett under moose) once worn...they are toast.

The barnett...once worn is...is 15 bucks away from being perfect.

Cant beat that.

Sounds good:thumbsup:

What exactly do these bumpers do, I have never seen any before.

I took out my friends 125 basket earlier this year and did not notice any kind of 'stock' bumper at all on the rear. Maybe cause I wasn't looking for them?

What exactly do these bumpers do, I have never seen any before.

I took out my friends 125 basket earlier this year and did not notice any kind of 'stock' bumper at all on the rear. Maybe cause I wasn't looking for them?

I have the same question. I filed down the groves on my stock basket last night and am planning to order a billet basket, but the whole bumper thing is confusing me because I didn't notice anything on the basket when it was out.

• 6 years later...

The bumbers are in between the basket and the gear that is riveted to the back of it.

Once apart you will understand.

How can you check......or tell if the Bumpers are wearing or worn on back of clutch?

Didnt want to start another thread so found this one on what I am wanting to know.

Reason asking......Just purchased a Rekluse Torque Drive manual gor my 15 250 smoker. Rekluse said the TD doesnt come with a basket an told me to just use my OEM one as long as it was still good and the Bumpers werent worn out on the back.

How can you tell if they are worn? My stock OEM clutch probably has 50ish hrs on it. I had it out a week ago to check basket and plates. All was still in spec, all though the Basket was starting to get impressions on it from the plates.

It wasnt notched yet but you could see the impressions and maybe a slight indention of notching.

However ad long as the Bumpers are good the Rekluse TD sleeve inserts that go on the basket will stop the notching.

How can you check......or tell if the Bumpers are wearing or worn on back of clutch?

Didnt want to start another thread so found this one on what I am wanting to know.

Reason asking......Just purchased a Rekluse Torque Drive manual gor my 15 250 smoker. Rekluse said the TD doesnt come with a basket an told me to just use my OEM one as long as it was still good and the Bumpers werent worn out on the back.

How can you tell if they are worn? My stock OEM clutch probably has 50ish hrs on it. I had it out a week ago to check basket and plates. All was still in spec, all though the Basket was starting to get impressions on it from the plates.

It wasnt notched yet but you could see the impressions and maybe a slight indention of notching.

However ad long as the Bumpers are good the Rekluse TD sleeve inserts that go on the basket will stop the notching.

At 50 hours they will be fine.

As you said you OME basket sounds good. Just use it.

I get around 200-300 hours out of a clutch basket.

At 50 hours they will be fine.

As you said you OME basket sounds good. Just use it.

I get around 200-300 hours out of a clutch basket.

200/300 hrs out of it.........racing/riding MX tracks? That's all I do is race/ride MX tracks. I figured maybe 100hrs but not 2 or 300 hrs.

Anyways believe I will just go ahead an throw in the Rekluse Torque Drive when it comes in and just put the steel sleeve inserts on over my OEM basket and call it good.

200/300 hrs out of it.........racing/riding MX tracks? That's all I do is race/ride MX tracks. I figured maybe 100hrs but not 2 or 300 hrs.

Anyways believe I will just go ahead an throw in the Rekluse Torque Drive when it comes in and just put the steel sleeve inserts on over my OEM basket and call it good.

You did not specify the type of riding conditions. I ride/race offroad. Plenty of clutch abuse.

As I ride 100 plus hour per year it is probably significantly more that most people would do on a MX track every year.

You did not specify the type of riding conditions. I ride/race offroad. Plenty of clutch abuse.

As I ride 100 plus hour per year it is probably significantly more that most people would do on a MX track every year.

Yeah that's for sure!

It's hard to believe these clutches will last that long. Guess Yamaha makes some pretty tough clutches.