what 08 250f would you buy??

i had a 08 rmz and i was happy wih it good bike if you add some mods for power i say yea if not engine isent strongest if your fast. have to say as far as problems never had one rode a whole season not counting something i messed up by crashing engne lasted hope i helped ya

id go with the kawi of those two because parts are cheaper and more people work on them. but it depends on how you ride, If your just a weekend warrior pick a color doesnt matter cause you wont see much diff.

Get the kaw, better suspension and you can rev it to the moon and still feel the power. My 06 has been the most reliable bike I have ever owned! (It is also my first thumper)

just my .02

edit: actually, I would get an 09 kawi, all new and updated from the great success of the 06-08 kx250f era. It's worth the extra $ IMO

KTM dealers are everywhere. I live in Massachusetts, where every hobby is illegal, and i still get parts next day UPS Ground. Motosport carries OEM KTM stuff!

Get your KTM jetted ASAP and the bike is ready to rip. They also have a great following, and hold value better than a CRF if you're going to move on at any point.

ok thanks but what if i race every so often but just enjoy riding and want to have a lot of fun

they are both great on the track so are all the other jap bikes. Just for a race every once in a blue moon they all will do everything you want them to do then some. Overall they all have similar power and handling it just comes down to which seems to feel better to you. Go to a dealership and just sit on them and ask all the questions you can think of.

I had a 2008 and a 2009 Kawi and those are two of the best dirt bikes i've ever ridden. Good suspension, good handling, and a monster of a motor. It doesn't make as much peak hp as the KTM, but it has way more torque. Its basically a race motor...13.5-1 compression piston and very aggressive cam profiles, you'll be happy with it.

You have to rev a KTM to get it to go fast, and that upper RPM powerband spells disaster for the topend componentry. They give it 6 speeds because the powerband is so linear it doesn't have the oomph off the bottom to allow the use of 5 speeds.