Sign in to follow this  

2011 rm-z250

Hey Krony have you decided what your buying yet? Im in the same boat. Been on rmz's the last 3yrs but now considering the kxf. I love my rmz's but loosing faith in suzuki's delivery of bikes. The 2011 kawi has been at the my local dealer for 2weeks. If suzuki doesnt start to show..Im going green for

1st time.

I read today that Suzuki will be shipping the RM-Z to the dealers very shortly. I have not decided yet because a buddy and me are now thinking about going back to 2 strokes and ride what started the whole racing thing, But I love the 250F and I am not sure going back to 2 stroke is the way I want to go. I would love to buy the RM-Z because of the turning but the transmission scares me.

. I would love to buy the RM-Z because of the turning but the transmission scares me.

Why is that???? Transmission hasn't give any problems!!!!

I read today that Suzuki will be shipping the RM-Z to the dealers very shortly. I have not decided yet because a buddy and me are now thinking about going back to 2 strokes and ride what started the whole racing thing, But I love the 250F and I am not sure going back to 2 stroke is the way I want to go. I would love to buy the RM-Z because of the turning but the transmission scares me.

As a first time Suzuki owner, I was a little nervous I will admit because for some reason the Suzuki's seem to get ragged on quite a bit. However, I could not be more happy with my 2010. The build quality is great and the bike is an amazing machine to race right off the showroom floor. I race strictly motocross at the B level...nothing amazing, but I have not had any problems with the shifting.

If there is one problem, its me...as I tend to throw the bike in the dirt a lot and tend to not use jump landings all the time. Oh and that I don't ride it near as much as I should!

I am also interested in the new KX250F. But, I still cannot get over how good this bike handles. Why not buy both and sell the one you like lesser??

As a first time Suzuki owner, I was a little nervous I will admit because for some reason the Suzuki's seem to get ragged on quite a bit. However, I could not be more happy with my 2010. The build quality is great and the bike is an amazing machine to race right off the showroom floor. I race strictly motocross at the B level...nothing amazing, but I have not had any problems with the shifting.

If there is one problem, its me...as I tend to throw the bike in the dirt a lot and tend to not use jump landings all the time. Oh and that I don't ride it near as much as I should!

I am also interested in the new KX250F. But, I still cannot get over how good this bike handles. Why not buy both and sell the one you like lesser??

I am looking at purchasing a left over 2010 in a very short amount of time. I am also considering the Kawi, but I'm going with the RMZ simply because I've had no problems with my 2007 RMZ 250, I really trust the Suzuki brand.

Very good feedback! You are making my decision harder. LOL!

I thought the 2011 RMZ was going to be same as 2010, but after reading the suzuki site.. there has been many updates to the 2011. Mapping, transmission/clutch, kickstarter and more. Im going to wait it out and see if suzuki delivers bikes.

im in the same boat with the transmisson.. im looking at buying a 2011 rmz but i dont want to go through the same problems that i had with the transmisson on my 2008 rmz.. Does anyone actually know if they have fixed this problem????

im in the same boat with the transmisson.. im looking at buying a 2011 rmz but i dont want to go through the same problems that i had with the transmisson on my 2008 rmz.. Does anyone actually know if they have fixed this problem????

Halfway though this thread a few chimed in about this...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=900486

The only reason I bring up the transmission was I had first hand experience with this problem of slipping into a false neutral. Now mind you that was on a 06 450 but I watched the 250 forum and saw some of the same complaints. If you never experienced this then God bless you because that was the most scariest thing I have ever encountered racing motocross. Here is the pic of that bike that damn near killed me.

108_0874.jpg

Yer ive had it happen during a race and nearly come off many times from it on my 08.. To complete the race as i was in the top 5 i held down the gear lever so it would stay in gear.. thats how bad it was.. im hoping they have fixed it in 2011 becuase other than the trans i love the bike

I've never had a problem with my 07. Even after abuseing the transmission riding supermoto. I have to admit its done it only 3 times the 2 years I've had it. But I think most of the time it was my foot hitting the shifter.

For what it's worth when I had my '08.5 z450 I put just over 25 hours on it. Never once did it pop out of gear and into a false netrual. Matter of fact, the only real problem that I ever had was when a power wire came off the fuel pump. I only sold it because I'm just not a 4 stroke rider, the lighter weight and the quickness of a 2 stroke just seems to fit me better.

I did have to lower the shifter one spline on the z450 (and my 2 strokes) because I do not have a lot of upward movement with my left ankle. But doing that just makes all of my shifts more positive. So anyone that is having up-shift problems might want to consider this possible solution, as I do have to do something like that to all of my bikes.

What problem is that??? Just one or two bikes don't make a problem....

hey krony, why did you sell your RMZ? That bike is so sick I'd ride it even if it was dangerous.:smirk:

What problem is that??? Just one or two bikes don't make a problem....

the problem is how some jump out of gear.. there are more than one or two i have seen and heard that have done this

A friend of mine had an 07 that would jump out of gear and it broke his wrist..... but I have an 08 and love it! Im def gonna watch the trans tho. If it does it to me more than once its either getting fixed or gone. As of right now tho its one of the best bikes I've ever had. Its a little slow compared to my 09 kaw but the cornering makes up for it!

How well do the the new efi 250's start ? I will be coming off an 08' crf that I really like when it's running, but if you stall it, it simply will not re start. I've lost 3 races(h/s) now because of it, and the bike has to go.