Warning: Rox 2" Risers w/ pics

So I bought these Rox 2" Anti-Vibration Risers (that will fit 7/8 or the fat bars) because they looked super groovy and I wanted a little rise for my new SE Pro Taper handlebars. I finally got around to installing it all yesterday and be warned, they Barely fit on my 09 DRZ. So you can get them on but you can't pivot them at all unless I missed some part that was supposed to come with them. I still haven't gotten a chance to ride yet to see how it all goes but we'll see. I used a couple of nylon spacers to puch the digital odometer back from the risers a little b/c it was really cramped, and I had to relocate my ignition (I think I actually like it better there).

DRZ-Roxrisermod005.jpg

DRZ-Roxrisermod002.jpg

DRZ-Roxrisermod001.jpg

Can you mount them on the inside of the stock bar clamp?

That's the way I've seen them done, my brother has them on his DRZ...no problems.

You may have clearance issues with your Clarke at full lock in that position also.

What is your issue specifically? The reason I ask is because I just mounted the 3 1/2" version(not vibe reducing) and they worked fine with the stock bars. I don't think I could roll them back very far, but I wanted them rolled forward anyway.

The only thing I did was take the headlight shroud off and relocate all of the wiring to the front of the throttle cables so they'd have a little more slack(just simply unplugging and replugging wiring harness connectors).

I was skeptical of these things as well, as were some of my friends. However I must say I think I tested them more than I wanted to this weekend ­čśĆ

I fell over at least 5 times, twice from about 15-20mph and these held up great. One time they did let the bars twist ever so slightly, but my forks twisted wayyy more on that crash. I was able to turn to full lock and apply some twisting force to straighten them up, but beyond that they didn't move all weekend(475 miles of dirt/slab).

So far I'm pleased with them. ­čśĆ

• 3 weeks later...

All of your cables and brake line were long enough? My brother wants me to do this to his 00 drz400e. I installed the standard 2" rox risers on my xr400 and had to have a custom longer clutch cable made. Well worth it though. I am 6'1" and like to stand up ride, much more comfortable.

• 8 years later...

In case anyone is wondering, I put these on my KLX400 today and they fit great! However, you will have to reroute the cables to the right hand side of the steering column. I have little to no mechanical experience and it was not too spicy. Remove the tank, on the right side of the bike access the throttle body and disconnect the cables. I backed my rebound cable all the way out as loose as it would go. Reroute them to the right hand side, install risers, HEY PRESTO! :) No extended cables needed. I'm stoked on these.