Ride the Rocket!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill,

Are they going to prep the track after the race on Saturday?

If the Seattle-style weather stops, I'll be there. We were going to go there yesterday but didn't feel like driving 2.5 hours to ride in mud.

BTW, Scott told me you guys pounded out a serious number of laps there. I'm looking forward to doing the same.

Darryl

I'm sure Mark will have the track ready.

After being at the rocket for their first two races (after heavy rains). That track can handle a monsoon and be fun to ride.

Scott pounded out some laps, I'm too out of shape but, we did have fun.

See ya Sunday!

Bill

hey guys this is mark from Rocket Raceway.We will have the track prepped for Sunday the 22.As for yesterdays practice(June 15th)by mid day we had to fire up the water trucks!If you are ever in doubt about our condtions give us a call before you come and we'll give ya the track update.

Too bad, I have my mother-in-law's birthday that day - I can't... what am I saying I'LL BE THERE!!! Sound the squid warning!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who rides his bike to get out from doing things with the in-laws. ?

See you Sunday!

Darryl

Hey Mark/hicks - besides the main track and the kids track are there any trails that you have or can cut in the woods to explore and hook up to some other trail heads/systems nearby? The main track can get pretty busy so it would be nice to have an alternative trail system to explore besides the smaller kids track. If there aren't any precut trails, would you mind if we go off and cut our own trails to explore the area? :D

Our group is 7 large along with other TTers as well as the locals, the track WILL be busy this Sunday. What is the entrance fee - I think it was $12 last time I was there.

Thanks for any info. ?

AV,this is Mark from Rocket.I've been wanting to cut trails in for quite awhile now but the mx track has taken all my time.Your offer to help sounds great.Let me know when you get here.We charge 12.00 to ride from 10 till dark but,those who work need not pay.See ya Sunday.

Hey Mark,

If it doesn't rain cats & dogs on Sunday, our crew of 5 to 7 should be up there around 11-11:30ish. Not sure how many of us want to cut trails (free entrance fee) and how many want to just ride (pay the $12), but myself, Jay & Darryl are willing to help cut the trail. Any other TTers want to unite and help cut the trail with us? You can say that you helped make the trail at Rocket :D How often do you get a chance to roost, demolish trees on someone else's property to make/design trails/loops for US to ride on? :D

Mark - before we get there on Sunday, you need to coordinate where the trail should start (i.e. where we should start the trail into the woods), where your land boundary is (mark your land boundary with flags perhaps), we'll need to cut the trail/loop away from any streams/creeks or the government greenies may shut it down so keep this in mind. If there are some other trail systems near by that we can connect to - that would be sweet too! :D Then we can use the MX track and go trail riding along with a hare scramble loop. :D

Please provide us with equipment to cut down trees if necessary, tow them aside or out of the woods with an ATV perhaps if you have one (we own only bikes). We may need chains/ropes to pull trees aside, a small bull dozer if you have one that can go into the woods, chain saws, axes, etc. Can you get some of those D5 hare scramble riders there to help us design/build the loop? Otherwise we'll just do whatever to create a trail to ride on.

Other TTers who want to help out, if you have tree chopping/moving equipment and want to help out, please bring your equipment on Sunday. If enough of us are there, we should be able to clear the whole trail/loop, or at least part of it will get done. Every weekend, more people can help out if they let Mark know they're there for that purpose - eventually that loop/trail should be sweet! ? I hope we can connect to some other trail systems that are already there to explore - that would be cool! :D

Mark - you can e-mail me directly avinh@syntek-usa.com if you want...

Hope to meet up and see everyone from TT on Sunday.

av (aka Alan)

I wish my bike was running..... ?

You guys all head up and my motor sits open to the air.... :D :D

Want to go up again say.......July 6th or July 13th?

My uncle will be back from California, and me, dad, my two uncles that live here, Dave (california), melissa (wife) and his kid will go up if it is ready and raring to go. Love to have another crowd!! I want to ride rocket again!! I should have a knee brace by the 13th for sure, so I won't be worried about the ruts. The pumpkin will have basicly a brand new motor in it, so she'll be screaming.

Anyone?

Mark, would that work out OK??

For those of you who would like. Kevin in NH and I will be riding Rocket raceway on the 22nd. If you'd like to ride, check out their site.

Hey.. This is great. Its actulay close to me. (Frederick, MD) My girlfriends son just went to the Tony D's MX school they had at Budds Creek and he would love to go and try out some of his new skills. and for $12 I can take my Pig (DRZ400) out and see how it does.

If you see an RV that has double doors on the back and a TTR125 and Black/Yellow DRZ400 then come say hi.

Oh.. BTW.. I wouldn't mind helping out in the cutting of new trails. I have a chain saw, and some hand saws and such.. with a place this close I can come up quite a bit.

Myself, AV, SpottedMarley and a couple other guys will be meeting up at the Burger King on Rt 40 near the Frederick Towne Mall at 9am if you want to follow us up.

Sounds good. I will know more definalty if I am going on Saturday.. Hope you don't mind a slow fat 4 stroke lugging around the track.. :D :D I am just gona go for fun.. and My girlfriends son wants to get some practice in.

He is 13 and will be riding his TTR125 (another slow 4stroke) ? hehe..