Ride the Rocket!

hey guys this is mark from Rocket Raceway.We will have the track prepped for Sunday the 22.As for yesterdays practice(June 15th)by mid day we had to fire up the water trucks!If you are ever in doubt about our condtions give us a call before you come and we'll give ya the track update.

I was wondering how the track does in the rain??? is it a muddy track?? or does it drain well??? Looks like so far its just gona be showers in the morning...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argh! The monsoon is coming...I don't have mud tires and slide all over. I've already made the decision to get some Starcrosses or something at the end of this season. I'm going to call the day of to get the track conditions before deciding...

Revitup ?

The track drains very well. And to help insure a nice track. I'll be going up Saturday afternoon and helping Mark with the track.

I have a pop-up canopy and will be there rain or shine.

Bill

Came down from NH (right now in Hummelstown) to do some SERIOUS MUD SLINGIN'!!

All I have to do is slap the cams in and put the bodywork back on!

This IS the first time I will have been on the bike since last October.

BE GENTLE WITH ME!! ?

hey revitup,

i just put a new Michelin S12 on the back of my klx300 and man I love it. pulls right through all kinds of sloppiness liek a champ.

Thanks for the comments. I think I'm sold on either the S12 or MS2. Someone just put on the Starcross MS2 and loves it. Might have to think about getting it earlier if all this rain doesn't go away.

Revitup ?

I've got a set of S12s on my 250F as well. They worked great in New England and also did great up at Tower City - for a mud and sand tire they hold up great on the rocks - at least the 250 sized rear tire does - I completely chunked the 125 sized tire in a few rides.

I'm just packing up the truck now, I'll be headed up there in a couple of hours. Seems the forcast is getting a little better too...

See you there boys ?

I'll be there with my son and a friend of mine.Son has an 02 ktm65 and i with 250f.Buddy has a 400yz.We were there last saturday and it was awesome.Very small crowd.Couldnt believe it.Maybe 15 people max!I hope they didnt get as much rain as i did.Holly cow it poured all day and nite friday!We'll be there regardless!Been dissin Bill for about a year now...Sorry Bill ?

Looks like we're going to have a good group up there tomorrow!!!!

We're going to be there around 11. Look for a Explorer Sport Trac with 2 yamahas, followed by a Chevy S-10 with 2 bikes. Maybe some other people following us, not sure yet.

Darryl

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Latest weather forecast show little rain tonight and no rain tomorrow at Rocket!!!!! Looks like the track will be nice, may even need to hit it with the water truck in the afternoon!

P-Moon - you still up for the ride? We'll be at Burger King at 9am.

Darryl

Can't stand this weather. Poured, now a steady drizzle here now, looks like it might not be raining in Three Springs though but I'm going to go another time.....Have fun! Let us know how the track and the riding was.

Revitup ?

Everyone missed a very nice dat at the rocket. If you didn't go because you thought it was to wet or that it was gona rain well you missed out. I am not an MX person but the track was nice. We even cut some enduro/harescrambel trail.

I met AV, Darryl721, Bill, SpottedMarley and the other guy on the XR100 who I can't rember his name. ?

The track owner is a great guy and he thanked us for helping start the marking and clearing of a new trail. He invited us back to cut more trail anytime. I hope everyone els had as mutch fun as I did today.

Now I just got to get those guys on some real goat trails up at Tower City. Not this wide open MX stuff. :D

xr100 -> Dennis

I had a blast. Cutting the new trail was really cool, trying to figure out when I can go back to help build some more! The track was a little muddy/rutted in some spots, but tons of fun. Finally got the nerve up to start doing doubles! ?

Darryl

I haven't had that much fun in a long time. Rocket Raceway rules!!

I wish it wasn't so far away, cause I'd be up there everyday. The track started off with a couple wet spots but by noon it was perfect. Actually became a little too dusty later on in the afternoon but the traction stayed really nice, especially in the deep ruts in the corners. I had a blast railing through em.

I jumped my first set of doubles since I quit riding about 8 years ago and was insantly hooked back in. By the end of the day I was clearing all but 3 jumps on the track. One is just too big for my klx but the other two will be conquered next time. =D

The woods trails are coming along fine and are goign to be an awesome addition to the park, for sure. I'll go back and burn some more new ones anytime.

JrocK

Can't wait to go back to Rocket. ?