front wheel bearings stuck...

My brand new front wheel bearings were clearly installed wrong--that is a whole separate issue. What my current issue is is that the bearings which has outer metal shell, ball bearings, then inner metal, came apart. except now the outer metal bearing is stuck on that lip inside the front wheel. please tell me there is a way to get this off easier than a dremmel or millions of useless hours with a flathead.

i am not sure if all bikes are like this. its a 2005 yz 250. maybe that makes it different. i'm going to post this in the other theard too.

Just come in from the opposite side with a punch and hit it out. Alternate sides with each hit so it doesn't cock too far sideways in the bore. If you warm the hub up with a torch or heat gun it makes it a little easier.

punches definitely did not work for this job, but i did get the bearing puller. the one side came out good, the other was for some reason totally stuck. and after a lot of dremmeling and failing, i said to hell with it and heated up the hub and knocked the bearing out easily.